The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

tranny noise (search didnt help)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moidsm1

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 14, 2002
Tucson_AZ
Ok I have a 5 spd tranny noise that i cant diagnose without taking it apart. You know how almost all cars sound when driving in reverse. Thats how my tranny sounds in all gears, even nuetral. It only stops if i push the clutch in. Kinda sounds like a RC car. So what are your thoughts ?

dont drive it, ur tranny is going bad
my friend had gotten a used tranny from a junk yard for his 2g talon tsi(fwd) and it started making that same noise, it got louder every day, then one day we stop at a gas station and when we go to leave the car wouldnt move, in any gear(1st, 2nd, and reverse) it would move forward about 1 to 2 feet then lock up and come to a stop as if he had slammed on the brakes, but it was the tranny locking up, he was on the gas trying to keep it moving and all it did was start to burn up the clutch, didnt move an inch after it loked up each time

we have yet to pull that tranny from his car and see exactly what went wrong with it, probally the front differential, seeing how the wheels locked up thats what i think it is

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back