The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Traded my DSM for a Z car :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanCollins

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Tully, New_York
Unfortunatley after about 5 months with my first DSM and all the problems and money that went with my Toy as my wife would say..I had to trade it off for more luxuries and better reliability. I am glad to say she landed in good hands and I think she will be a killer at the tracks in upstate NY. I in return got a 300zx non turbo unfortunatley but it runs good outside of an exhaust leak. My wife wouldnt even ride in my TSi ### she was afraid of it. Now shes in love with the t tops and the a stereo and working. So for now I bid you all fairwell and hope to be back once I find a clean one in this rust destroying state I live in.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I would never sell either one of my DSM's or even my VR4 for a Z. I love my cars wayyy too much for that to ever happen.

That is a nice 300 zx and even the n/a ones can put the hammer down, but I wouldn't give up my awd for one unless it was the tt.

Even if it were twin turbo I still couldn't do it. Too much attachment and sentimental value. Plus the very fact that I'm never going to sell my cars. I know nobody else would take care of them like I do. And I would just die if I ever saw my car in a junkyard. That would be my worst nightmare.

Hope you dont do any of the maintenance yourself Me and another friend helped a friend with a 300zx TT switch a rubber coolant pipe and we had to drop the transmission and half of the car...it was a .40 Cent piece like WTF...

Actually my current dsm I don't think I could ever get rid of if it really came down to it, its just to sexy with fresh paint, volk te37's, under 80k mi, and she sits low enough to hi center on a grain of sand. It would be hard to find a 300zx to hold a candle to her.:hellyeah:

For a TT, I'd understand but...

Sucks you got rid of it. I sold mine a few months ago, the guy just beat the crap out of it every day until it blew up. I felt so bad I bought the car back with a blown motor for more money than when I bought the car running. Good luck with your new car.

Even if it were twin turbo I still couldn't do it. Too much attachment and sentimental value. Plus the very fact that I'm never going to sell my cars. I know nobody else would take care of them like I do. And I would just die if I ever saw my car in a junkyard. That would be my worst nightmare.

x2 I'm the same way

Not to be a d*ck here but those cars are pain to work on, they have no engine space at all, and hard to fit aftermarket parts for that reason! But oh well, looks clean though, you'll miss the dsm scene sooner or later!

You'll be back sooner or later ;)

My buddy had a '95 GST crankwalked it, sold it purchased a '98 Cobra in mint condition...like 4 months later the clutch gave out and he came back with another '95.

If you had gotten a TT Z32, I wouldn't have blamed you at all. They are amazing cars even if they are a total bi*** to work on so it sucks you had to get a non-turbo. Not that I'll ever get rid of my Talon, but I do still want to own a Z32 someday.

I had a Z at one point when i had my 1st DSM....and it became just as much, of not more of a money pit...it was quickly sold LOL

I never owned a z32, but I can tell you it will handle like no other on a nice set of coilovers

Sucks you got rid of it. I sold mine a few months ago, the guy just beat the crap out of it every day until it blew up. I felt so bad I bought the car back with a blown motor for more money than when I bought the car running. Good luck with your new car.

haha i bet you'll never sell it again huh. thats one of the MANY reasons i would NEVER sell my baby's. glad you got it back.

Man BIG MISTAKE! LOL. I had one of those cars, they are fun to drive but are absolute hell when you need to do anything under the hood. My brother still owns one and he's looking to purchase a GSX as we speak because its hard to get power out of the NA. And on top of that my boy had a Z TT and he just got rid of it and purchased a sweet 2g GSX. The Z wouldnt stand a chance beside it. But to each his own, as previously stated... "YOU WILL BE BACK!" LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back