The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Traded 94 corvette for 93 laser rs awd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximum9898

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 24, 2008
Macomb, Michigan
Well here's my little story about the situation. My dad and uncle did a 58 corvette custom, and used a smashed 94 corvette. All they needed from this was the c4 drive train. The interior was all there, a little taken apart but all there. Oh and the corvette had been sitting outside with the windows down for 4-5 years. When we trailered it to the house to clean it up some, I used the shop vac to get rid of the foot of snow:p!! Now the laser is in pretty good shape, some rust in front of the rear tires. The car is a 1993 Plymouth laser rs awd. The motor has 40-50k on it, but the automatic trans has a little problem. When you slowly get on the car, it sometimes misses the shift from 1st to 2nd. But if you get on it say 35-40% throttle or more it drives fine doesn't mis-shift. So idk where to look at first for that, I've never owned a automatic dsm. I'm pretty dang excited about it, I love cars in general. But to get another dsm is pretty sweet, I already took the plates of the Mercedes and plated the laser:D! But the car is pretty much all stock, other than the AEM fuel rail, crappy straight through exhaust, trans pressure gauge. And the car is faded out pretty darn bad, I have a fair amount of white left over from the eclipse. Sooo come summer i'm going to cut the rust and re-paint the car white with black roof. Eventually it will get some go-fast mods, but for the time being. I'm re-doing a lot of stuff to get it back into great running shape. But here are the pictures of the vette and of the laser.

Corvette that's a pos LOL. And to get the interior the look somewhat good and soften up. I pour a lot of baseball mit oil to
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And here the laser

Here is my other DSM's build thread if you havn't seen that as-well.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dsm-build-journals/469244-97-gsx-600hp-street-drag-restoration.html

Let me know what ya'll think, and if you have any idea's on the trans problem.

I used to own an 85 Auto. The sounds and torque that thing made were fun as hell, but I wasn't ready for (installing) go fast mods on it. Overall I must admit, 1g dsm>c4 vette. They really are not all that powerful and the vette chokes hard up top.

Yea I would honestly rather have a 93 laser over a 94 corvette. Unless the vette was really really clean and nice. This one was rather beat up and only cost originally $450, so in the long run it ended up being a really good deal. They used all the stuff that was worth anything to them. And they were just gonna give it to the junk yard since it didn't have a title. Glad I was able to snatch it up before it was given away.

Ive seen some great/dumb kind of deals going on with dsms, people around here trading 240 shells for a tsi/gsx
im all like people dont know what a dsm is LOL.
Btw you got a heck of a deal man.

Bone-stock auto 1G with an AEM fuel rail? Previous owner clearly had priority issues.

Otherwise it looks like a fairly nice daily driver. I'd get that fuel rail off of there and sold- replace it with a stock rail. Put a little more money in your pocket. ;)

You got a hell of a deal! Hey I got a MOPAR too!:thumb: Mine is standard. I think a hopped up automatic would be nice too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back