The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

trade for an 07 gsxr-750?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91tizzy

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 19, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Buddy of mine has one and there is a slight problem that I wanted to discuss with yall......we think the bike has been stolen at some point.....complete 07 bike BUT it has a riveted 04 vin number with an 04 title. Now the problem I see with this is if I take it back to ohio with me it will have to pass out of state inspection. How difficult would this be. I know when I bought the buick I had to get an out of state inspection and it was just some lady at the dmv, she came out looked at the vin and onced over the car and it was nothing! Would it be the same for this bike if I did this? Opinions please. I wonder how my conscious would feel about all this. But it is a helluva deal.

Oh lord dude. That's some shady shady stuff right there. If it's for sure an 07 bike with an 04 VIN AND TITLE, it's stolen. That or it's been wrecked and using an 04 frame which I'm not sure if they're the same or not???? I personally would NOT bother with it...The words Helluva deal seem like the words a theif would use to sell it quick (=

EDIT: Why not call in the VIN and just ask what the VIN is for, and if there has been any reports on it? See if it matches up. Call the DMV for the state it's registered in.

If it's stolen, you lose it. And, may face charges.

Do ya feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

See if there's any resources on the web that'll tell you where the "hidden" VIN is. That's what the cops will go by.

If it's stolen, you lose it. And, may face charges.

Do ya feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

See if there's any resources on the web that'll tell you where the "hidden" VIN is. That's what the cops will go by.

Haha, Defiant's sick sense of humor. I do agree though, you could do some time for something as dumb as a motorcycle you'll probably kill yourself on:rolleyes:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back