The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Track times (all models) ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLACK'98DSM

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2019
Alabama
Just wondering what some times are on the 2g DSM's. Like 1/8, 1/4, 0-60 etc. If somebody knows the numbers for all the 2g model it would be nice :D

I'm finally digging pretty deep into racing my Eclipse, and just want to see how I compare with stock, and with the turbo & AWD models.

are we talking stock set up? built set up? bolt on only set up? Pump gas? E85? High elevation or sea level? theres soo many factors involved

well if you live above sea level like me here in Denver, 2G GSX stock with a good launch can pull high 14s, low 15s. GST's 15s/16s, GS/RS 17s-18s? so subtract about 1 sec or so from each of those if your at sea level.

A well running stock awd 2g here will run a 15.3. Not a high 14. The car ran that time like clockwork.

my galant ran 15.7-15.8 like clockwork as well. Also running top notch. All at bandimere.

Old thread-ish, but here’s a retro review from motorweek on the 95 GST and GSX. Motorweek consistently get slower results than other magazines so take the times with a grain of salt. At sea level with a good launch and basic/moderate driver skills high 14’s. 9’s in the 1/8th.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

13 years ago when my car was a stock GST it did about a mid 15, high 90's mph, guessing a high 9 in the 1/8 if I remember correctly.
Now you’re high9’s in the quarter. Pretty sick Jason. Mad props and the thing looks soooo fing clean!!! Wish you kept it as is but it’s your car 🙏

Anyone know where is the quarter mile times list? I've been searching all over and can't find it in the members forum... Seems like everything's been rearranged ... Maybe a good link for this thread
I see it’s gone too ☹️ Don’t think it’s been updated in a while 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyone know where is the quarter mile times list? I've been searching all over and can't find it in the members forum... Seems like everything's been rearranged ... Maybe a good link for this thread

I see it’s gone too ☹️ Don’t think it’s been updated in a while 🤷🏻‍♂️

https://www.mitsutimes.org is the current place where times are kept.

The owner of dsmtimes.org (Michael Hess) passed away a few years ago, I managed to grab a copy of most of the data on the wayback machine

1:42:46 in Alastaro Short Circuit Finland with my old 2G RS
Engine was pretty much stock, I did changed all fluids before I drove to the track (it was my daily)
transmission was from neon with oem clutch, I did had short throw shifter though.
Tires were Falken (no slicks allowed on the track) 215/35/17 and Wheels were Enkei Alloy wheels
I didn't took anything else than spare tire, back seats and radio and subwoofer out, other than that, fully intact black interior.
I don't know where the wing was from but front bumper was from 2G GST Time Attack Build
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back