The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 1G TPS Sensor Wiring - ECU Rewire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

architechnik

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 21, 2007
Glad, Oregon
What could be factory tapped on the TPS sensor wire near the ECU?

I've been rewiring much of my engine bay all the way back to the ECU (refreshing 25+ year old wires, multiple relays/MPI replacement, dedicating power sources & grounds, individual wire looms, etc).

I've found an issue with the TPS signal wire (Green/White Pin 19) being tapped to some other line. I've checked all the materials I have and searched online and have found nothing that indicates it should be routed to something else. It's definitely a factory tap w/ the metal crimp and factory electrical tape.

Here's picture of where I clipped the wires (verified the TPS signal). You can see it's also the one that runs to that connector in the background by the shifter cables; that's the cluster that runs toward the ignition.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here's the diagram segment that shows a clear straight line to the ECU:

Here's that connector from the other side, which appears to be C-67 in the diagrams, although I have not found a single source of C-67 pinout directions. Basically C-67 is just a connector; it refers to it in may locations from ABS to diagnostics, to CEL...

Vehicle Details: '94 M/T GSX purchased entirely stock (except maybe a head unit and radar detector?) w/ lots of factory add-ons.

I was thinking it was maybe an anti-theft register or perhaps a tap to turn off injectors at WOT on start (anti-flooding measure also used for compression testing). But neither of these are documented in the wiring diagrams for sensor/ECU wiring or anti-theft units. Any direction is appreciated.

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-22_8-6-9.png
    upload_2019-10-22_8-6-9.png
    163.3 KB · Views: 40
The FSM isn't great about indicating all the wiring connections or routing. IIRC there are several other places that get the TPS signal like the cruise control ECU, TCU on autos, and other computers. I don't have any docs handy to refresh my memory but I suspect that is what you're looking at in the harness .

Freaking found it.
Cruise control taps off the TPS, which makes sense. I actually like cruise for long drives, so I'll probably have to route it back in.

I don't know why they didn't just include it in the wiring diagrams anywhere else. Considering the whole project was to eliminate possible sensor interference, I may have to figure out another route for cruise.

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-22_10-27-15.png
    upload_2019-10-22_10-27-15.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 36
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back