The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

toyota mr2

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb talons

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2002
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Just curious. I recently came across a local guy selling a '91 mr2, turbo, 5 speed. 155,000 on the odo. He listed a lot of extra parts he just put in. I know next to nothing about them.

I'm interested in what others may know or think about the mr2.

http://board.mr2faq.com/

Nice cars. I couldnt deal with just a two seater cause its pretty small inside. Mr2 turbos are pretty quick and 155,000 is alot but its a toyota. They handle really well and are RWD!!!:thumb:

The 3sgte is like a sister to the 4g63, similar engines but toyota actually gave the 3sgte a decent turbo with it.

Originally posted by boostineklipz
http://board.mr2faq.com/

Nice cars. I couldnt deal with just a two seater cause its pretty small inside. Mr2 turbos are pretty quick and 155,000 is alot but its a toyota. They handle really well and are RWD!!!:thumb:

The 3sgte is like a sister to the 4g63, similar engines but toyota actually gave the 3sgte a decent turbo with it.

The car handles like a train on tracks. Engine is made by Yamaha and is one of the best designs out there. They actually put that engine into true racing supras.

The only down side to MR2 is that it's a PITA to work on and has limited c0ckpit and trunk space.

A good point brought up, WORSE CAR EVER TO WORK ON!!!

My friend has one, what a PITA!!

I will have to agree its a PITA to work on but at the same time its one of the most fun cars Ive ever been in. The car handles incredible and well its just a fun lil car ;)

brother has one.

badass ####ing car. needs an engine rebuild though. the two downsides have already been listed. engine must be dropped out of the bottom of the car (ugh), and its only a 2 seater with a tiny ass trunk.

Definately check into it. I would definately get one if i were able to get another car right now.

yeah, they are quite quick stock, and they respond pretty well to mods, put on a t-66 or somethin and they haul even more @ss.

my friend has been into them for a long time now, and he has taught me a TON of stuff about them

Really hard to find one in good condition with low miles :cry:

Thanks for all the info. I drove one a long time ago. It was an auto N/A. I'm not looking at buying another car. I'm still paying for the Talon. I did sit in it. It's got more of a cockpit feel then mine does. My uncle has a fiero. The mr2 reminds me a lot of sitting in that.

I asked the guy selling it what it's like to work on. "No problem" he says.:rolleyes:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back