The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Towing my 1g AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cj062989

10+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2009
North, New_Jersey
I need to move my 1G AWD from a garage. The car is halfway apart and i need to move it from a garage to my driveway. I was wondering i i could just put the car on all 4 wheels and tow it with a chain from point a to point b.

Just moving it a few feet will not hurt to pull it out with a chain. for longer distances however:

Using a flatbed trailer that keeps all four wheels off the ground is the simplest solution. With this technique, there's no need to worry about transmission damage. You just load up the car or truck and go.

If you can't get a flatbed to do the job, then you'll need to explore other options.

Tow dollies, which lift just the two front wheels off the ground, can work, but you'll have to disconnect and remove the drive shaft to protect the transmission.

Probably the best bit of advice that anyone can offer you for towing a vehicle is to suggest that you review your owner's manual for towing instructions and precautions. The manufacturer sets guidelines that are specific to the year, make and model of each of its vehicles. Ignoring this information could be an expensive mistake.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back