The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Towing a 90 FWD question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linksys42

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 8, 2003
Union, Missouri
I was wondering what the best location on the front end of a 90 FWD to hook up a tow cable too, that won’t bend or damage parts? Need to get this car I am picking up on to a flat bead. And I didn’t see a tow hook on the front end. Thanks

Never tow with a steel cable or a chain. You need to use a tow strap or a good rope. It'll make the whole process a lot smoother. They have eyelets on the bottom or the unibody frame rails, but they're really for holding the vehicle down on a truck, and you might not be able to tow it from there with the bumper cover on. U-haul car dollies are like $45.

If you are just looking to hook it up to pull it up on a flatbed, which it sounds like you are doing, just hook up to the front crossmember under the radiator. If that doesn't work hook it up to the lower control arms and pull from there. Like the above post mentioned you could use the eyelets on the front corners too. If it's going on a flatbed the driver of the flatbed will have to worry about hooking it up and it really shouldn't take too much effort. Hook the damn thing up and pull.LOL

Never tow with a steel cable or a chain. You need to use a tow strap or a good rope. It'll make the whole process a lot smoother. They have eyelets on the bottom or the unibody frame rails, but they're really for holding the vehicle down on a truck, and you might not be able to tow it from there with the bumper cover on. U-haul car dollies are like $45.

Its going on a flat bed...............

If you are just looking to hook it up to pull it up on a flatbed, which it sounds like you are doing, just hook up to the front crossmember under the radiator. If that doesn't work hook it up to the lower control arms and pull from there. Like the above post mentioned you could use the eyelets on the front corners too. If it's going on a flatbed the driver of the flatbed will have to worry about hooking it up and it really shouldn't take too much effort. Hook the damn thing up and pull.LOL

Yes I am pulling it out of woods (small incline) with 2 comealongs to get it up to flat ground so I can get it on the flat bed and all I need to know is where the best locations are to attach too. I own the flat bed and would like to know where the best locations are on this car for strapping it down with out bending or ripping anything up.

I'd go with the eylets in the front, right under where the fog lights or fog light holes are. I've pulled a few around by those and never had any problems. Unless maybe yours are bent up or unaccessable or something. If that's the case I'd go for a crossmember or control arm like I said, but that's just me. Other than that you might just have to get creative. I don't know of any other easy way bro. Good luck:thumb:

I'd go with the eylets in the front, right under where the fog lights or fog light holes are. I've pulled a few around by those and never had any problems. Unless maybe yours are bent up or unaccessable or something. If that's the case I'd go for a crossmember or control arm like I said, but that's just me. Other than that you might just have to get creative. I don't know of any other easy way bro. Good luck:thumb:

Sounds good what about the best locations on the rear (keep in mind this is a FWD) are there any hooks back there? thanks

No, there aren't any hooks in the rear. There are some holes you may be able to put a hook in though just under the rear of the car behind the gas tank. If that doesn't work you could grab onto the rear crossbar which attaches to both rear wheels.

I have used the cross member a couple times just use a strap not a chain. Then the rear I always use the rear cross member, just loop it over than and tighten it down. If you have a long enough strap you could always go through the rear wheels. Wheels are supposedly the strong parts of a uni-body car(don't know if its true, but seen it before)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back