The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Tough decision - Sell or Part?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkmillerjr

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2004
Enola, Pennsylvania
I am trying to make a decision regarding my 95' GSX that is significantly modded. I bought this car new when I was 42 years old (yes, I am currently 70 yo) and drove is as a daily driver. In or about May 2005 I purchased another daily driver decided to "renovate" my favorite car. Significant mods were undertaken from 2005 - 2018 (.pdf available outlining this process). My decision is to either spend additional funds, sell in whole, or take the advice of a friend and part it out. At the least, the strut towers need attention, and the radiator support as well and of course completion of the clutch replacement along with the seal on the transmission that is leaking. Any questions or discussion would be appreciated. I am interested in input regarding: fair selling price if sold in whole, suggestions or any questions ([email protected]).

Your situation may well hinge on whether the car is sentimental to you. If completing the mods is something that is still important to you, at least now you have the time and means to make those happen.

If the dream has passed, sell it to someone who will appreciate a one owner car and will take it from where you left off.

Parting it out always sounds like a great solution, but not only will oeople want a deal compared to what you paid for the parts, then you have to deal with shipping and payments as well, which is very time consuming compared to what you are making on the sale.

Best of luck with whatever you choose. We’re all here to help in whatever way we can.

Thank your for your input. It does have sentimental value, but practicality is also a factor. It would be great to find a buyer with a similar goal for this car.

Don’t part it out! Holy $hit I know we tend to eat our own in this community but if you part it out your basically condemning yet another DSM to the junkyard. Find another enthusiast who can appreciate the time, effort and parts put into the car and sell it if your at that point, but please don’t part it out, best wishes:D:dsm:

“Don’t part it out” That is why to posted this in the first place. I am hoping someone who has a thriving interest in DSM would take a look. But we’ll see how it goes.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back