The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Totally out of my comfort zone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1julie

Probationary Member
Jun 11, 2019
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hi!

I am the very proud owner of a 1992 Eagle Talon. I purchased her in January of 1993. She had to sit while I went through some financial difficulties after my divorce. However, I made sure I kept her legally in the divorce decree.

I have been in the works trying to get a few things restored. I have clearly made a couple of poor choices in whom I trusted to work on her. Due to these choices I have decided to be brave and step out of my comfort zone and do a little more research. So, here I am.

1julie

Welcome! Feel free to ask whatever questions and we will try to help you!

Make sure you fill out a vehicle profile so we can see what the car has, and update the build thread portion when you can!

Again, welcome and good luck!

Thank you for the welcome! I’m still putzsing around trying to figure out how to complete my vehicle profile. I have lots of questions so I hope people are kind to each other here.

Generally we try to be, there's some gruff individuals, but we all mean well and just want members to be able to fend for themselves to a point!

If you have any questions I'm happy to try and help!

That's very long term ownership. Have you done any work yourself over those years? We will look at the profile when you finish. Please tell us about your own skills and we can guide you in the right direction. When you say out of your comfort zone to what degree?

Welcome to the forums! Lots of good info here to restore your car to what you want it to be. I recommend if you haven't either download a Factory service manual for your car or if you can find a paper copy online get it. There is a lot of details in those manuals and will be a huge help. Good luck on getting your car back to prime condition. =)

Hey, a newer newbie; that’s great. I’m also new to the forum, but purchased my diamondstar in the rough only months ago. I’m probably overconfident in my wrenching skills, so in some ways your far better off. Having a long ownership history will be of great value when wonding if something has been altered from factory original or not. Any current issues with the car? Is your focus more maintain, restore, or upgrade?

And both from NV. Auto enthusiasm takes many forms, and I'm envious of folks who have gotten to own and enjoy their rides as you both have. My car still feels like I'm finding out about someone else's stuff, though driving it across county was the first step in "bonding". Every time I find a bolt missing for no reason, I just wonder what monkey owned this thing before. Most adults own a car, so you might as well enjoy the car you own.

Finally getting some more DSM Women on here! Love a gal that can work on her own car!
Thanks for joining up girls (and guys)!!!!

One of the reasons I hesitate to get different or newer car is having to spin the roulette wheel on what kind of new issues you could get. At least with what I own I know all her quirks and foibles.

Huh, another Nevadan? That's cool. Not many of us compared to the coasters.

Welcome Julie. You'll probably find that the majority of the content on this site is geared towards the turbo platform, but you will find plenty of info for your non-turbo. I would suggest limiting your searches to the following sub-forum to get results that are more relevant to your car when doing searches:
https://www.dsmtuners.com/forum/1g-n-t-tech.64/

But feel free to post your questions wherever it is most appropriate. This is one of the more popular sub-forums on the site:
https://www.dsmtuners.com/forum/maintenance-repairs.10/

Again, welcome.

Welcome Julie. You'll probably find that the majority of the content on this site is geared towards the turbo platform, but you will find plenty of info for your non-turbo. I would suggest limiting your searches to the following sub-forum to get results that are more relevant to your car when doing searches:
https://www.dsmtuners.com/forum/1g-n-t-tech.64/

But feel free to post your questions wherever it is most appropriate. This is one of the more popular sub-forums on the site:
https://www.dsmtuners.com/forum/maintenance-repairs.10/

Again, welcome.
I know it has taken me a loooong time to reply, but I thank you for your response with the link with the non-turbo information.

Finally getting some more DSM Women on here! Love a gal that can work on her own car!
Thanks for joining up girls (and guys)!!!!
No, NO! Please, don't get me wrong. I have not done any of the work on my Lil Bebe car...YET... I might get some courage, but I was hoping to find some references and some expertise.

Oh Julie, its just bolts and nuts and screws and wires. Anyone (WELL....ALMOST anyone) can do it so don't doubt yourself if you get the courage to work on your Bebe!!!
Marty

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back