The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Totaled my talon!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If LandoAWD is still alive you should talk to him about when he did the same thing.

he never did get around to painting that fender...
:coy:

We pulled and pried the radiator supports, replaced the hood and headlights, replaced the radiator, replaced one front fender, and the car was good to go. :)

I'll try and dig out that old thread.

Totaled? I see a bent hood.

Your fine uf your seriously going to give up on something that small then give me the car, be a true dsmr and prevail and fix her up

Sounds like your so quick to leave the dsm community over something that can be fixed yourself.

THE CAR IS TOTALED.... What don't you guys get about that? There IS frame damage, I can see it in the pics and I work in the industry, I'm not just guessing... This is not a simple, drill out the core support and weld in a new one. So just stop.... :beatentodeath:

sorry to hear about your car man but you can alway look at this in the bright side. Every car i've ever owned has had some quark i didn't like as i'm sure everyone does but now you have a chance to find the one that doesn't

THE CAR IS TOTALED.... What don't you guys get about that? There IS frame damage, I can see it in the pics and I work in the industry, I'm not just guessing... This is not a simple, drill out the core support and weld in a new one. So just stop.... :beatentodeath:
You can assess frame damage by browsing an online picture of the exterior of a vehicle? Wow - you're good. :|

It looks like the impact occurred above the frame rails and was primarily absorbed by the hood and radiator support, so it would be logical for most people to assume that there is no major frame damage.

We pulled and pried the radiator supports, replaced the hood and headlights, replaced the radiator, replaced one front fender, and the car was good to go. :)

I'll try and dig out that old thread.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!

First off, when did you officially come back with another DSM?
What happened to the LR?

dude, how can you tell theres frame damage? i work in a reputable bodyshop myself, the wheels are center in the wheelhouse, and all the damage is fender, hood, core support, radiator, a/c condensor, i dont know how you see frame damage, dude, go to a junk yard, rip the parts off you need, and get that baby fixed!!!!

You can assess frame damage by browsing an online picture of the exterior of a vehicle? Wow - you're good. :|

It looks like the impact occurred above the frame rails and was primarily absorbed by the hood and radiator support, so it would be logical for most people to assume that there is no major frame damage.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

See the fender. See how there is no gap between the door and fender? There's obviously suppose to be a gap, assuming the fender didn't slip back on all the bolts holding it down (which is highly unlikely), that means there is frame damage. :|

Most people are not me and most people don't work in the industry. Thanks though. :rolleyes:

Im not most people either. I just so happened to have the EXACT SAME THING happen to my car, In the SAME spot, and with the SAME closed gap in the reveal where the fender meets the door. It IS possible for the fender to slide back on the bolts and there NOT be frame damaged. And YES it does look like something as simple as weld on a new support and install new hood, fender, and headlight. And as a piece of advice to the OP, buy the radiator support, don't try and take it off another car as it is a royal pain in the rear!

To the OP: GO FOR IT! Take some pride in your car and revive it!

I was going to say that supravw was right since that's why I think it has frame damage. The door is hitting the front quarter panel pretty bad when I open it as you can see the chips in the paint. Not only that I'm almost certain the engine is off kilter and possibly damaged. I already took my stereo stuff out and am planning to sell probably. It is encouraging to hear neoviper have similar damage and get it fixed. How much was yours? I won't be able to assess the situation until I take the hood off on Monday. This sucks because now I have a cold and hurt all over. I'll get around to it soon. I also notice the impact was pretty bad because my whole stereo system was jostled and loose. I need to see how the accelerator cable got stuck. Basically the car was making what sounded like fuel pump noise for a day or two after it was dropped off. With the accelerator being stuck it drained the battery until that pump noise went away. It sounded terrible.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!

First off, when did you officially come back with another DSM?
What happened to the LR?

There is a Hangout thread of me fishing for "welcome backs". ;) Do a search, newb. ROFL

See the fender. See how there is no gap between the door and fender?
Mine had the same cosmetic damage. Bolts will shear the mounts on the fenders. :thumb:

Oh, I don't work in the industry, but I do know that. ;) Stop being so damned pompus.

supravw - I take it you've never owned a 1G? Every other one I've come across has had that gap closed. Many are so tight that the edge of the door actually catches the lip of the fender when opening and closing the door. It's not uncommon to see a crease on a 1G fender in that area. There's even threads about it here.

So, you're going to have to asses frame damage some other way..... Nice try though. ;)

L0L.... I've only owned 5 now... But since you all are experts, think what you want. As I stated, it could have slipped on all the bolts, it's not likely and in this situation, not why the gap so close. Stop disagreeing just cause you want to disagree. The only reason I chimed in on this thread is because of bunch of people jumped down his throat, telling him he's being a ####y basically. But don't listen to me, I know nothing about collision repair or DSMs.... :cool:

OP- Want to post more pics? Close up and some engine bay pics showing damage? Maybe an undercar shot as well? That would help prove either me or everyone else wrong. Thanks.

L0L.... I've only owned 5 now... But sense you all are experts, think what you want. As I stated, it could have slipped on all the bolts, it's not likely and in this situation, not why the gap so close. Stop disagreeing just cause you want to disagree. The only reason I chimed in on this thread is because of bunch of people jumped down his throat, telling him he's being a ####y basically. But don't listen to me, I know nothing about collision repair or DSMs.... :cool:
Hmm, I had nearly the exact same damage after a collision, but yeah, I don't know what happened in my own experience.

You're guessing as much as any of us; step down off the high horse.

Hmm, I had nearly the exact same damage after a collision, but yeah, I don't know what happened in my own experience.

You're guessing as much as any of us; step down off the high horse.

So your fender was pushed down exactly like his? And you hit the same car? At the same speed? I'm not just looking at one thing in the picture, but I mentioned the most obvious one. There is frame damage, end of story.

O and OP- If you could, post up the estimate when you get it please. Thanks.

The only reason I chimed in on this thread is because of bunch of people jumped down his throat, telling him he's being a ####y basically. But don't listen to me, I know nothing about collision repair or DSMs.... :cool:
It's OK. I have no 'interest' in his car, so I'm not going to argue over it. :) Just here to make my point that I was making a simple assumption (as my first post states) and you are stating opposite information as fact when you aren't supplied with enough information to accurately back up your statement.

OP- Want to post more pics? Close up and some engine bay pics showing damage? Maybe an undercar shot as well? That would help prove either me or everyone else wrong. Thanks.
He probably doesn't care to go through the trouble. Obviously, if he didn't have his car inspected (in person) by a professional, then he has no more interest in the car or it's actual condition.

So, we can stop now. This is only the internet. ;) :dsm:

It's OK. I have no 'interest' in his car, so I'm not going to argue over it. :) Just here to make my point that I was making a simple assumption (as my first post states) and you are stating opposite information as fact when you aren't supplied with enough information to accurately back up your statement.

He probably doesn't care to go through the trouble. Obviously, if he didn't have his car inspected (in person) by a professional, then he has no more interest in the car or it's actual condition.

So, we can stop now. This is only the internet. ;) :dsm:

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER:thumb:

So your fender was pushed down exactly like his? And you hit the same car? At the same speed? I'm not just looking at one thing in the picture, but I mentioned the most obvious one. There is frame damage, end of story.

O and OP- If you could, post up the estimate when you get it please. Thanks.
My fender was slightly more crumpled on the driver's side, the hood is nearly identical, etc.

You've "seen" the same things I have and are offering an opinion (look it up if you need to) on what the damage is. The difference is, only one of us is full enough of themselves to type something like "end of story" and present their opinion as fact. I'll give you one guess as to whom...

From another thread:
LOL Don't assume just cause he works for SBR that he knows...

Hmmmmm...h-y-_-_-_-_-_-_

hangman anyone?

Ouch, my whole body and head hurts like a mother-fer.. What I wouldn't do for some pain killers right now!! I'm sick and hurting 4 certain.. But, i still managed to go out and remove the rest of my stereo and take some pictures. As you can see the drivers side frame and engine mount is totally jacked up. I removed my front/rear stablilizers and the Injen Intake. I'll be selling all 3 of those items soon and listing the car for sale next week. Here's some shots of the carnage. :notgood:

My fender was slightly more crumpled on the driver's side, the hood is nearly identical, etc.

You've "seen" the same things I have and are offering an opinion (look it up if you need to) on what the damage is. The difference is, only one of us is full enough of themselves to type something like "end of story" and present their opinion as fact. I'll give you one guess as to whom...

Well good job on that opinion. I think the pictures speak for themselves. It had nothing to do with being full of myself btw, I know things most people don't about this specific industry so I shared only to have people like you argue with me about it. But now we're just :beatentodeath:

GL with whatever you decide to do now OP. :thumb:

that is a sad day in the dsm world....1 less 1g down the drain, they are already getting HIGH dollar,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back