The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Torque specs for aftermarket parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmars62

10+ Year Contributor
May 30, 2011
Middletown, New_York
Lets say I am building an engine and i am using aftermarket parts like pistons, rods, etc. Do i use the stock torque specs for tightening them down? If not, how do i know how tight they should be?

You'll want to use torque specs provided by the manufacturer of those aftermarket parts. Aftermarket head studs, rod bolts, main studs, etc. all have specific torque specs from the manufacturer. Clearances for piston-to-wall, ring end gaps, and bearings also have specs provided by the manufacturer.

You'll want to use torque specs provided by the manufacturer of those aftermarket parts. Aftermarket head studs, rod bolts, main studs, etc. all have specific torque specs from the manufacturer. Clearances for piston-to-wall, ring end gaps, and bearings also have specs provided by the manufacturer.

ok so whoever i get pars from, lets say i order head studs, with those studs there will be torque specs with them? like if i were to get something with directions?

Definitely use the toque specs provided by the manufacturer of the parts, they are completely different from stock. If you already threw out the paper work that came with the parts just contact the company.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back