The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Torque Spec Sheet

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanro

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 22, 2009
Montgomery, Alabama
Anyone have a torque spec sheet?

I have the Factotry Technical Manual but it does not list torque specs it just blithers on about how the engine works.

I had a chilton's book that came with the car but after I found it didn't even include the spark plug gap or firing order I soaked it in gas and sat it on fire.

I tryed searching so dont give me use the search. Just link a torque spec sheet if you have it.

I have 1g torque spec sheets for the front suspension, rear suspension, brakes, clutch, cooling system, engine, intake/exhaust, fuel system, steering, drivetrain (A/T or M/T), wheels, body pieces, HVAC, and even emissions. I've just got to know which one you'd like...

:dsm:

That topic on here is worthless. I have tryed to download the manual that is on scribd but it won't me have it without signing up, paying a fee etc. The other is the 1990 manual that I have that has no useful information.

Gofer I need torque specs for the engine. Specifically the rod bolts, main bearing bolts, headbolts, flywheel bolts, and pressure plate bolts. They are not listed in the tech manual, I can't find a copy of the actual service manual, and chilton's books are garbage. I need to get or find my haynes.

That topic on here is worthless. I have tryed to download the manual that is on scribd but it won't me have it without signing up, paying a fee etc. The other is the 1990 manual that I have that has no useful information.

Gofer I need torque specs for the engine. Specifically the rod bolts -36Ft LBs, main bearing bolts 47-51Ft LBs, headbolts 65-72 Ft LBs, flywheel bolts 94-101 Ft LBs, and pressure plate bolts 11-16 Ft LBs. They are not listed in the tech manual, I can't find a copy of the actual service manual, and chilton's books are garbage. I need to get or find my haynes.

Should be in the manual. :hmm:
There are various places to get them. PM me with your email and I can send you the PDF. The 90 manual is same specs as the 91+, except for some wiring stuff.

I had a chilton's book that came with the car but after I found it didn't even include the spark plug gap or firing order I soaked it in gas and sat it on fire.

I have the factory manual, the Chilton's and the Hayes.

The spark plug gap is on page 2-2 and the firing order is on page 2-9 on the Chilton's Manual. You probably shouldn't have burned that, I find it very helpful. Also the factory manual has the toque specs for everything you will ever need and plenty that you will probably never need.

I need torque specs for the engine. Specifically the rod bolts, main bearing bolts, headbolts, flywheel bolts, and pressure plate bolts. They are not listed in the tech manual, I can't find a copy of the actual service manual, and chilton's books are garbage. I need to get or find my haynes.

All 2.0 4G63 engine
Camshaft bearing cap bolt 15 ft. lbs.
Camshaft sprocket bolt 58-72 ft. lbs.
Center cover mounting bolts 3 ft. lbs.
Connecting rod nuts 38 ft. lbs
Crankshaft damper pulley retaining bolts 22 ft. lbs
Crankshaft sprocket bolt 80-94 ft. lbs.
Cylinder head bolts: 6 bolt 65-72 ft. lbs.
Exhaust manifold bolts 18-22 ft. lbs.
Flywheel to crankshaft mounting bolts 94-101 ft. lbs.
Fuel rail mounting bolts 9 ft. lbs.
Front case 16 ft. lbs.
Intake manifold to head: M8 blot 14 ft. lbs. M10 nut and bolt 30 ft lbs.
Main bearing cap bolts 51 ft. lbs.

Hope this helps!

Sure does. If I can find my haynes I am gonna try and do a chart of these if not I am gonna continue to look for a 1g service manual in pdf that I can view/download. The scribd ones dont wanna work for me in view and it wont let me download either.

The problem is I have the technical manual not the Service Manual. The one I have doesn't have any service prodcedures just diagrams and explains how everything works. I think it just a companion book and not the main book.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back