The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Torque Converter Failures....Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SasaniFab

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2013
Mexico, Connecticut
I would be going on my 3rd Sinister mike spoolinator torque converter. Im still at a loss as to why this keeps happening to me. The first failure started the same way, In park and neutral the transmission is quiet as can be but in drive and reverse it whines like a power steering pump without fluid. The symptoms of the last Failure started after I launched the car at the track and was driving back. I pulled the converter out yesterday as well as the pump. The pump looks great as with everything less. Jeff bush convinced me to go with a #8 Precision spragueless type converter. I dont want to ruin another one. Any idea?

Question.. do you have the bushing in your crank for the auto trans?

Just curious as i went through 3 converters and finally just splurged for a fully built ipt trans

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back