The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Torn between three mod choices... input needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EisHERE

Proven Member
Nov 13, 2012
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
IF this is in the wrong section please move!

I can get great deals on these three things and I'm torn between which to choose. (i can only get one, if I could get all three there's no question I would.)

-BNIB DSMlink v3 lite $380 shipped (currently have a keydiver chip)
-BNIB VRSF FMIC for $240 shipped (current one is ebay I believe and the piping sucks)
-nearly new 20g with anti-surge housing AND tial 40mm external WG on the o2 with o2 housing for $450 local (my turbo is an ebay big 16g and seems to be burning oil, I can see it in my IC piping)

I'm really torn because they all seem to be great deals. I want to run e85 in the next month or so (i'll have bigger injectors) but the 20g would be more stable than my current one, and I'm not sure how good the ebay IC is, it's HUGE. Opinions please. These will either be bought next week or the VRSF ic would be bought tomorrow. I love the idea of dsmlink and I realize I'd need it utilize that 20g but idk if it will last another month or two so that I can buy it and link. all of these seem like good ideas but what would be the best, can I make it with the ebay fmic? Thank you in advance :)

I would say link for your first mod like everyone else but if you know the turbo is going bad than maintenance always comes first before mods. personally I would rather have a running car than a car with link that doesn't go anywhere. So, for me it matters how quickly after link you can afford a new turbo.

this was my point exactly.

I'm in the same boat. I'll be buying an evo3 turbo to replace my t25. I'm not running link, my fuel system is stock, but I drive my car maybe once a week. What use is dsmlink if you can't even drive the car?

Even if the turbo was going to blow in the next 5 minutes I would take link first. You can get a stock turbo for cheap that you can play with, with link. It will probably still out perform what you are seeing now on a ebay 16g.

I'm in the process of converting my car back to stock (broken stuff) and buying link myself. My last DSM had an SAFC and 16g but when I had link it was total night and day, totally worth it for first mod by far.

link is the best money i have ever spent hands down im in love best money ive ever spent beside a 5 dollar thermostat :)

DSMlink, can do the most, be adaptive to all future mods and get the most out of all other mods.. to me management is almost a "first" in mods, because when you change air and fuel requirements you need some way to tune it, might as well do it the right way the first time instead of doing it twice

who voted for the 20g? thats not even that good of a deal. That's what I paid for a fresh rebuild, with mild steel o2, and a knockoff wastegate. (the whole setup works and bolted on)

So you are not really missing any "deals" on that setup.

The FMIC... VRSF go new for $310 multiple times a year, so Id pass on some used crap that's probably been beaten. I wish I didn't buy my fmic used...

now $380 for link lite isnt too bad... Does that include a socketed ecu?

Most people list link used for retail prices minus maybe 5%. But there are deals that pop up. It is not unheard of to snag link full for 400 with ecu, or 300 for lite.

I got mine for $200 with a socketed ecu (lite, not full)

Especially since the other options are not really steals by any stretch... just GET LINK

who voted for the 20g? thats not even that good of a deal. That's what I paid for a fresh rebuild, with mild steel o2, and a knockoff wastegate. (the whole setup works and bolted on)

So you are not really missing any "deals" on that setup.

The FMIC... VRSF go new for $310 multiple times a year, so Id pass on some used crap that's probably been beaten. I wish I didn't buy my fmic used...

now $380 for link lite isnt too bad... Does that include a socketed ecu?

Most people list link used for retail prices minus maybe 5%. But there are deals that pop up. It is not unheard of to snag link full for 400 with ecu, or 300 for lite.

I got mine for $200 with a socketed ecu (lite, not full)

Especially since the other options are not really steals by any stretch... just GET LINK

I have a wtb add for link, gotta wait for someone looking to sell now. Mine ECU is socketed so I don't need that. Someone offered me link with SD for like $500 bucks but I don't really feel the need to go to SD

You can find a good 14b for under $100. Get link. A car with a 14b and link tuned will be much better than a car with a 20g running lean and blownup! :thumb:

My vote is for link as well. I was gonna message you because I have a 2g socketed ecu and link v2 that could be upgraded but after I pulled up your profile I saw your a 1g. Was gonna offer to get that choice back on the table but oh well one will come up.
Have you talked with jusmx141 about a turbo?

link link link link link link link link link link link is the demonic chat id listen to the voices LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back