The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Torn between three mod choices... input needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EisHERE

Proven Member
Nov 13, 2012
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
IF this is in the wrong section please move!

I can get great deals on these three things and I'm torn between which to choose. (i can only get one, if I could get all three there's no question I would.)

-BNIB DSMlink v3 lite $380 shipped (currently have a keydiver chip)
-BNIB VRSF FMIC for $240 shipped (current one is ebay I believe and the piping sucks)
-nearly new 20g with anti-surge housing AND tial 40mm external WG on the o2 with o2 housing for $450 local (my turbo is an ebay big 16g and seems to be burning oil, I can see it in my IC piping)

I'm really torn because they all seem to be great deals. I want to run e85 in the next month or so (i'll have bigger injectors) but the 20g would be more stable than my current one, and I'm not sure how good the ebay IC is, it's HUGE. Opinions please. These will either be bought next week or the VRSF ic would be bought tomorrow. I love the idea of dsmlink and I realize I'd need it utilize that 20g but idk if it will last another month or two so that I can buy it and link. all of these seem like good ideas but what would be the best, can I make it with the ebay fmic? Thank you in advance :)

Thanks for the input! I think this i going to be hands down link from everybody. but there's a poll. whatever get's the most votes is literally what I get. thanks to all.

Definitely go with DSMLink. You can't fully utilize a 20g or FMIC without it.

Link, helps with things other than making power, will make more power from your current setup, retains most of the resale value, etc etc etc etc.

i said the turbo just because you said your turbo is going bad.
Not much point in having awesome tuning software of you can't even drive your car because you've got a blown turbo.

IF this is in the wrong section please move!

I can get great deals on these three things and I'm torn between which to choose. (i can only get one, if I could get all three there's no question I would.)

-BNIB DSMlink v3 lite $380 shipped (currently have a keydiver chip)
-BNIB VRSF FMIC for $240 shipped (current one is ebay I believe and the piping sucks)
-nearly new 20g with anti-surge housing AND tial 40mm external WG on the o2 with o2 housing for $450 local (my turbo is an ebay big 16g and seems to be burning oil, I can see it in my IC piping)

I'm really torn because they all seem to be great deals. I want to run e85 in the next month or so (i'll have bigger injectors) but the 20g would be more stable than my current one, and I'm not sure how good the ebay IC is, it's HUGE. Opinions please. These will either be bought next week or the VRSF ic would be bought tomorrow. I love the idea of dsmlink and I realize I'd need it utilize that 20g but idk if it will last another month or two so that I can buy it and link. all of these seem like good ideas but what would be the best, can I make it with the ebay fmic? Thank you in advance :)

I'm not sure where you're getting a VRSF FMIC for $240 shipped but there's a great chance it's not legit. I've posted quite a few times about the differences between our kit and the other kits that are similar. The core we run is designed for us using a specific fin pack made for DSM's which is designed around both IAT reduction and overheating prevention. There's also a huge difference between the piping size, routing, material, flange flatness, included silicone couplers/tbolts (most kits are missing a few). All in all, you end up paying more for a $240 kit than a $310 kit.

Also, go with the Link before you purchase a FMIC or any other bolt on for that matter :)

If I had a stock DSM the first mod would be Link, just saying,LOL. All the other stuff comes easy with so many part outs,LOL.

I'm not sure where you're getting a VRSF FMIC for $240 shipped but there's a great chance it's not legit. I've posted quite a few times about the differences between our kit and the other kits that are similar. The core we run is designed for us using a specific fin pack made for DSM's which is designed around both IAT reduction and overheating prevention. There's also a huge difference between the piping size, routing, material, flange flatness, included silicone couplers/tbolts (most kits are missing a few). All in all, you end up paying more for a $240 kit than a $310 kit.

Also, go with the Link before you purchase a FMIC or any other bolt on for that matter :)

Thanks for the reply, it's bnib from another member. he bought it and never used it. sold his dsm before he got it on.

link - 28
fmic - 0
turbo - 1

Link!! hands down, so down the road you can up the boost (with the proper fuel upgrades and new turbo LOL) and have it tuned perfectly

I would say link for your first mod like everyone else but if you know the turbo is going bad than maintenance always comes first before mods. personally I would rather have a running car than a car with link that doesn't go anywhere. So, for me it matters how quickly after link you can afford a new turbo.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back