The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Torn Ball Joint Boots/ Will these FIT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_ThuNDeR

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 28, 2008
Salinas, California
Hey guys, when I took out the axels out of my car, I ended up damaging the boots in both sides and both arms(lower compression arm, and the lower ball joint arm... "the straight one")... Which leads me to this question..

Are there any differences on the FWD, N/T, AWD cars in those arms? Or can I just replace the boots alone?

Whenever i have problems with boots on anything i just go ahead and change out the whole thing. Check the parts store and ask them if it's the same part number i would imagine it would be the same stuff.

Are you talking about replacing the axle boots or ball joint boots. Just leave the ball joint boots if they are broken. They dont matter anyway.

I'm talking about the ball joint boots... The dealer won't do the recall on my car because its a salvage car!!! :notgood: I seen some cars get into kind of heavy accidents because of the lateral ball joint.... i don't know about that one. I'm better off replacing them

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back