The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Top Gear - EVO vs. Lamborgini!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRichter said:
What network is broadcasting this show?

I've got several of these downloaded on to my pc but it would be much easier to watch it on tv.

Discovery Channel, Wedensday Night

Eclipse90GSX said:
Guess what....I'd still take the lamborghini over the evo, even tho the lamborghini spun out...OHH NOO OMG

why? cause it will cost you $10,000 for an oil/tire change?

kinda reminds me of my neighbor - owns a testorossa.

Time comes around for him to replace those tires....hmm he thinks. How to remove this monolug that are torqued to some insane value. He ended up taking his car to caterpillar where they had an impact gun to suit his needs. ROFL

I'll take the Lambo.. Went to HK summers ago and had a chance to sit in one and ALMOST test drive one.(Although the owner refused to let me drive it after the 2nd stall in the driveway) Why is that thing exotic? because it's UNIQUE!!! Just the engine revving makes you excited. We always talk about how our exhaust sound like, and in that car, you don't hear exhaust, you hear the damn engine all day long.
For whoever said he'll take a FQ430 over the Lambo, maybe you should try sitting in one or even test drive one if you can. The difference is day and night. There is a reason why they cost 10X more than the normal EVO and it's not only the brand that marks up the price.
Yes, you can make one EVO faster than the lambo no doubt, you can even make your DSM go faster even, but you might miss the point there.

It's the class and the exotic factors make them super cars.

assa 98gsx said:

No its not, its the fact that only the rich and well off can afford them and the up keep costs. Remember its a luxury to have one not a necessity, and rich folks need to be able to buy things that us common folk can't have to exalt themselves and raise their social status. ;)

Supercar=super income

assa 98gsx said:
I'll take the Lambo.. Went to HK summers ago and had a chance to sit in one and ALMOST test drive one.(Although the owner refused to let me drive it after the 2nd stall in the driveway) Why is that thing exotic? because it's UNIQUE!!! Just the engine revving makes you excited. We always talk about how our exhaust sound like, and in that car, you don't hear exhaust, you hear the damn engine all day long.
For whoever said he'll take a FQ430 over the Lambo, maybe you should try sitting in one or even test drive one if you can. The difference is day and night. There is a reason why they cost 10X more than the normal EVO and it's not only the brand that marks up the price.
Yes, you can make one EVO faster than the lambo no doubt, you can even make your DSM go faster even, but you might miss the point there.

nah i think you are missing the point - even if the car is given to you - you better have a ####ing hefty paycheck to be able to afford to drive it.

rdrkt said:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=25656&perpage=30&pagenumber=1

Thought you guys might be intrested in this. This is a post of a guy that took his Ferrari in for a coolant leak (bad temp switch) and came out with a new clutch and the 15k services. The funny part is that the 15 thousand mile service can cost as much as 15k Laughing On the 355 the motor HAS to come out to do the timing belt which HAS to be replaced every 15k. On the 360 the motor doesnt have to come out but they end up doing it a lot because some other stupid Ferrari shit needs to be replaced. Take a look at the bill on page 2 6k in labor and 7k in parts

On a side note, yes if you make 12 million/year then I am sure it would be a lotta fun to own one. http://exhaust.tv/cuttingroom/ferrarichick.html

cuttheduck said:
Not quite in US dollar terms. A 2005 corvette is 85k over there as opposed to 45. Same with this evo, over here it'd be almost half that amount. low to mid 40's
You have the exchange rate backwards. One British pound would be almost $2. The EVO VIII FQ 400 was priced around 45K pounds=$90K. But yes, things are a bit more expensive anyways there even without the exchange rate. I remeber seeing and add for some computers for 700 pounds. It seemed a good deal unitl I saw the same thing at a US store for $1000. I don't know where you got your price on the corvette from.

Ken said:
You have the exchange rate backwards. One British pound would be almost $2. The EVO VIII FQ 400 was priced around 45K pounds=$90K. But yes, things are a bit more expensive anyways there even without the exchange rate. I remeber seeing and add for some computers for 700 pounds. It seemed a good deal unitl I saw the same thing at a US store for $1000. I don't know where you got your price on the corvette from.

No, nothing to do with exchange rate.

I was saying, comparitivly, an FQ-400 is CHEAPER then a corvette in terms of price over there. So to say, "well its a 85k evo while you can buy a 50k vette" is misleading because a vette is 90k over there. So the evos a hell of a deal, comparative to a 45k car over here price wise. I lost the original page i had but heres another on the vette price.

People are paying importers to buy themselves a base c5 vette in america and ship it over for cheaper then what it would cost to buy in England and IT STILL COST 80k proving my original point.

American Car Imports (www.americancarimports.com, 020 8889 4545) quotes £39,995 for the cheapest Corvette and £72,500 for the Dodge Viper.
http://www.import-car.info/times2.shtml

leet said:
Bah, Lambo.

Where's a Prancing Pony when you need it?

:D Who am I kidding, I'll drive anything.

yeah, i ####in know. and the one thing you drive can't even make it to my house you ass >OMG

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back