The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Top Gear America ... Failure?

What do you think of Top Gear America so far?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When he was in rally I didn't like him, went into drifting and really didn't like him. Than in super cars exposed he is a sore looser, but not in a good way like Jeremy Clarkson. I just don't like him at all and the rest of the cast is boreing also.

I kinda feel that Clarkson and the director of the UK version were behind the hiring of Tanner, the whole reason for the up bringing of the Stig was that "racecar drivers are incapable of an intelligent comment" so they hired Tanner to poke fun of America.

But seriously I just feel that the show isn’t that funny in spite that there are two comedians as hosts. It is more watchable than most of the crap on TV but if there are re-runs of the real Top Gear I’ll be watching that.

I watched 15 minutes of the first episode last night and turned it off. I will check out the evo one and see what that is like. But so far all I think is FAIL

To have comedians on a car show to try to be funny is a FAIL. Clarkson, Hammond, and May obviously knew each other as friends beforehand, and I think when they get into their bickering it's real, and funny, and not scripted comedic materials. They aren't comedians which is why they are funny. The best things come from people who don't try on purpose. This is why actors like Will Ferrell and his 5 identical movies (Anchorman, Talladega Nights, Blades of Glory, Semi-pro, and Step Brothers) become old so quick and they quickly lose appeal to do lead roles in movies. The comedy is forced.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back