The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

top end parts list suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casperfast

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 25, 2006
Salem, Oregon
after suffering an exploding water pump immediately leading to a broken timing belt (bent all valves) i have been sourcing out parts for my repairs. here is what i have so far:
-replacement 2g head complete
- i have both a 1g and a 2g intake manifold and im thinking of running the 1g manifold and doing some mild port work on the head. any thoughts?
- new coils for my cop (old ones seemed weak)
-water pump,tensioner pulley, idler puller, bs belt, vc gaskget set etc

parts i will be sourcing out in the next week

-headgasket,looking for composite since i wont be removing the block from the car. will most likely go with the felpro 9627pt

-oe hydraulic tensioner, best ive heard recommended is from partsdinosaur

-bc 272 cams and hks or aem gears

-t-belt im going with the gates blue

-v2.5, v3.0 or using the blackbox ecu i have in the garage and trying out ecuflash/ ceddy mods (the safc and evoscan alone arent cutting it anymore)

-full maft set up

- new wideband gauge and sensor (prosport is wigging out ) recommendations?

- arp head studs

-fp exhaust manifold

-800 ish cc injectors

all that being said. does anyone have some recommendations for places to get these things or other items i should be looking into?

Last edited:
Use the 2g manifold with the 2g head. Unless you plan to port the 2g head enough to match the 1g manifold, which is a ton. Otherwise you'll create turbulence in the intake which hurts performance.

Ditch the COP. Without a ignition controller such as ARC-2, it's a downgrade from stock.

If you get Link, don't even bother with V2.5, go with V3 lite. You also won't need a MAF translator with Link V3. ECMTuning sells an adapter pigtail for the GM MAF.

Go with an Innovate wideband. Get some 1000cc injectors as well.

I also don't see any upgraded valve springs and retainers. Running 272 cams on stock valvetrain is a bad idea.

I was considering springs and retainers but was unsure since the manufacture says stock is fine. As for the cop, i never noticed any loss. It seemed to smooth out the rev. And are 1000cci really necessary on a 16g? I know i can dial them down and run lower duty cycle thus leaving a boost cusion if i go to a larger turbo. And what is the purpose of v3 lite when u can go full?

I run 272's with stock springs still and rev the car out to 8200-8300 and is perfectly fine.

You won't have an issue running the COP without a ign. box at your power level. When you start blowing spark out at high boost is when you need a box or swap back to stock.

so i had a busy weekend and i managed to make a large dent in my parts list. items i picked up:
fp exhaust manifold
HKS 272 cams
ecmlink v3 with speed density kit
arp head studs
new ic piping

getting close to putting this thing back togather . i am curious about these cams. they are stamped hks but the round has "m006 604" engraved into one and similar on the the other. these are 272's arent they?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back