The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Spyder Top Bow Repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clawless

5+ Year Contributor
Jun 20, 2018
Astoria, New_York
Hello!
One of the bows on the convertible top has been hanging loose for a while and I decided to check what was wrong. I also got the car like this so I’m unsure if I’m missing an parts. My question is how does this bow attach to the top frame and what am I missing to put it on. I also ordered the repair kit for the bent links seen in the images. Any help on how to fully restore this top frame is highly appreciated!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That's the #2 rib and it "floats". As in there are no hard points for it to attach with. I believe it may have had some canvas attached to it, but I'm not positive. It also did have some metal brackets attached to the ends to aide in it folding back properly, but the design was crap and they always bend, which is probably what happened with yours and then it was torn off.

That's the #2 rib and it "floats". As in there are no hard points for it to attach with. I believe it may have had some canvas attached to it, but I'm not positive. It also did have some metal brackets attached to the ends to aide in it folding back properly, but the design was crap and they always bend, which is probably what happened with yours and then it was torn off.
Thank you so much for the reply! I have the Topsdown frame repair kit which I believe is for those bent metal brackets. Also for the "floating" rib, what is needed to attach it to the metal bracket. I think I saw a picture of a plastic bushing and screw that is needed?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back