The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Took the DSM to the track with the Holset

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bNasty

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2009
Chantilly, Virginia
Well I know this isnt that cool but im really excited about it. Finally got the holset on and took the dsm to the local 1/8 drag strip near my house. For 15 bucks and as many runs as you want you cant beat it. My fastest time ended up being a 8.50 @90 with a really bad 2.1 60. This was all done WITHOUT 2 step or anti lag, I didnt feel like breaking anything that day. I really would like to get the redjack racing manifold and then Ill be back to ptuning for a real tune. Does anyone know what kind of 1/4 this could equate to (ball park estimate)? Well on to the picturesssssss

Pics of the Holset install

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I ended up getting like 10 runs in but this was my best, which was faster than a new ss camaro and a new 5.0 mustang

Lookin like a dumbass with all my timeslips

Would probably be low 13's 13.2 - 13.3 range would be my guess.

was the red car times like 14+?

I say, next time "Man Challenge" that "3rd Gen. GT' for some lunch!....What a piece of ****! LOL Great Runs man.....

be well past 13's Look at my time slip. 8.56 at 82. 14B powa! LOL. Nice holset setup. Sick looking. One day I shall have that. One day...

That mph is definetly good for quicker than a 13. My guess as far as 1/4 mph would be somewhere in the 115-120mph range.

That mph is definetly good for quicker than a 13. My guess as far as 1/4 mph would be somewhere in the 115-120mph range.

I think I could have pulled an 8.1 had I been launching using the 2 step I was literally just off the brake nothing crazy.

thats exactly what i was thinking...

90 in the 1/8th is nice, you could really cut your 60s with the 2step/nlts, and thatll help your et alot. try it next time out.

btw nice plates :thumb:

I think you're good for 12s as is, good job on the car! Always liked it, what's up with the all black front end now? Lol...and I am basing my assumption off of my timeslips of 94-95mph in the 1/8 running an 11.89@120

You're goin in the wrong direction LOL. The bumper was suppose to be painted white, not the fenders black...

Car has a lot left in it. You might as well see what it has now because once you up the power as you say it'll break then if issues aren't addressed now.

nice job, the basic "rough guide-lines" i've HEARD tossed around for 8th to 1/4 conversions are to add 4 seconds or roughly 30mph to the 8th times for a decent performing car, but the 8th being so short that the launch and first 60ft can really srew up the end results, not bad at alal thhough, congrats on the runs!!!!!11

Not a bad time at all man! Is the manifold you're using open or a twin scroll set up? What are you seeing full boost at?

Last time I was dialing my car in I only got up to 21 psi before I spun a bearing, but I was seeing full boost at 4400rpm with the stock 12cm housing and t3 t/s Redjack manifold.

Not a bad time at all man! Is the manifold you're using open or a twin scroll set up? What are you seeing full boost at?

Last time I was dialing my car in I only got up to 21 psi before I spun a bearing, but I was seeing full boost at 4400rpm with the stock 12cm housing and t3 t/s Redjack manifold.

Its just an open shitty ebay manifold. Im seeing full boost by about 4500 I have the .82 T3 housing

what tires are you running?

nvm, saw them in the picture, Kuhmo Ecsta right? what size?

235/45/17 I think I dont remember and my car is at my parents house

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back