The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

took the dog for a walk... crank followed suit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knockin95talon

Probationary Member
Sep 26, 2010
olmsted falls, Ohio
having said that. i have a 95 talon tsi fwd. i bought it for 450 bux but it already had a rod knock in the #1 rod.

i am automotive savvy and have been working with cars and motors along time but this is my first dealings with the 4g63t

keep in mind i dont have a buncha money to throw at it just wanna drive it right now.

upon taking it all apart i noticed alot of wearing on oneside of the crank and block.

basically i would like to know if it is salvageable. it looks bad to me but like i said i have never delt with this motor before so to someone else it may look ok and tell me get some new bearings and make it go.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

crank between 2&3 ^

block 2&3^

block end flywheel side

back of oil pump

no1 rod bearing.... well whats left of it.

ROFL love the title of this thread. But yeah, I'd say its done for. There are a cople of people selling 7 bolt bare blocks on here. That would be the cheaper way to go. A 6 bolt swap would require you to throw a bunch more money at it than just replacing your 7 bolt.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back