The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Took another look.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gho5tone

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 14, 2010
Rosemead, California
Ok, today I finally had time to go check out my eagle after a month or so. After poking around and remove most of the wire crimps, I come across a hack up ignition wire by the key hole. Who in the right mind would crimp it in the middle of wire. Seriously! Now I have to go figure out what gauge wire (AWG) for it and clean it up.

I know I said there will be pictures. I will definitely bring a camera this Sunday and post up a pictures. There will probably be questions after you see the pictures because I have poor explaining skills. :p Hmm, I wonder if I should start a thread and ask a bunch of electrical questions or just stick it all in this blog. :hmm:

Does anyone know what gauge wire to use for the ignition wire in the steering column and what gauges to use for general wiring like the ECU and radio harness. Just curious because I may need to extend it. 20 awg?

When this is all said and done by summer and everything is going well, I can't wait to start building my car. High HP, excellent handling, and sleeper looking monster DD. ;)

i'd say atleast 18 probably 16, maybe even larger...just don't get wire thats too small, it's always a good idea to go too large if anything.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back