The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Toms River - NJ

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would a MT-90/Heavy Shockproof mix cure that? Or aid

Well if the trans isnt shimmed tighter then stock its going to break. Thats basically what "built" transmissions are. There blueprinted stock gear boxes.

Im acually running 1qt 80-140 and 1qt 80-90. It shifts like butter. Im going to flush it out this weekend, and refill it with the same stuff. Theres so much hear say on the internet who knows whats true or not.

Jacks recommends the heavy shock proof/vavoline 80-90. TRE says that the shock proof is a bad idea in the trans. Some people run it, other people say no.

I got 80-140 weight coastal and 80-90 chevron syntech i get from work, and it feels great.

Bah I got a tight shimmed rebuilt trans with new bearings/synchros, etc.

With 2 quarts mt-90 and the rest heavy shockproof, we'll see how it holds. Especially on the stock center.

(Haven't had the balls to launch yet LOL

P.s. shifting is alright. Not butter because its thick fluid but still shifts fast with the QM

im from middletown exit 117-114 right by oldbridge, an im always in seaside

Your painting it? What color? Also when are we gonna setup this sunday meet at your shop Sean? I will definitely make my way up there.

Sundays are sweet, but Saturday nights there action up there! :hellyeah:

i think he is talking about tuning on a sunday... but if you want to do a saturday before all the fun starts on 37 then we can do that too... my car is getting painted FORD white. its nothing fancy, my boy is painting it at his house. he is gonna do the jams in a couple weeks when the paint cures. they are gonna be black... nothing spectacular ya know...

Just got back in the great state of new jersey from iraq.. looking to meet the fellow dsmrs around tr and brick BBQ anyone?

Sundays are sweet, but Saturday nights there action up there! :hellyeah:

Me, Kyle, and Sean all need tunes. So let's pick a day!

i think he is talking about tuning on a sunday... but if you want to do a saturday before all the fun starts on 37 then we can do that too... my car is getting painted FORD white. its nothing fancy, my boy is painting it at his house. he is gonna do the jams in a couple weeks when the paint cures. they are gonna be black... nothing spectacular ya know...

Um, yea, this external set-up is FREAKING insane! Thanks again!

Just got back in the great state of new jersey from iraq.. looking to meet the fellow dsmrs around tr and brick BBQ anyone?

Well if we set-up the meet at Sean's shop maybe someone can bring a grill.

Def with the gold wheels

And I wouldn't spend too much time on tires.. or money. You're gonna want some type of give if you don't wanna break :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back