The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A 2gNT Tomei Exhaust for 420A

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bry6789

Probationary Member
Jun 20, 2021
Dallas, Texas
I am a new owner of a dsm vehicle. I currently have a 99 eclipse rs, I was looking at what exhaust people use on their ecplise, and my friends keep telling me that "Tomei is the best". Which I know it is a good brand, but I don't see no one using it on their eclipse. My main questions are...
1.Does anyone use a tomei exhaust on their eclipse?
2.Would it sound good?
3.If not a tomei exhaust what other options are good?

1) Tomei doesn't make an exhaust for DSM as far as I know. They definitely make one for Evos, which is where the idea may have come from.

2) It would sound like crap. The Tomei is notoriously loud on Evos, which have a turbo to quiet it down and change the tone. It would make that annoying ricer sound on a 420A.

3) Stock is good. There isn't much power to be made with an exhaust on a 420A car and they don't sound great, it's kind of a waste.

I am a new owner of a dsm vehicle. I currently have a 99 eclipse rs, I was looking at what exhaust people use on their ecplise, and my friends keep telling me that "Tomei is the best". Which I know it is a good brand, but I don't see no one using it on their eclipse. My main questions are...
1.Does anyone use a tomei exhaust on their eclipse?
2.Would it sound good?
3.If not a tomei exhaust what other options are good?
Kinda late on this but I was thinking the same thing as you, putting a tomei muffler on my GS but I was thinking of the hate I’d get for it because it’s a GS, But hey honestly like the other guy said it would have a loud ricer sound to it. I put a HKS super dragger on mine and it sounds nice but when I floor the throttle it’s kinda loud. I kinda like it tbh and I’m still thinking of putting a tomei because at the end of the day it’s my money spent and my car (or yours if you decide to get tomei muffler and just custom weld it on) but hey let me know what you decided to put on as a muffler/exhaust system since you had some time from June or July when this was posted.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back