The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Today...marks 4 years of being a DSMer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboATM

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Jacksonville, North_Carolina
Four years ago today, I drove passed a random car lot, (in my Explorer i just bought a month earlier...) and saw something in the back of the lot. I stopped in, and saw it was a 98 Eagle Talon TSi. I had never seen a 2gb model Talon, and never driven a turbo DSM, or anything turbo for that matter. I figured a test drive wouldn't hurt, so i jumped in.

...It took my breath away. 2 hours later I returned with a blank check, haggled down to 4700 from 6900, and the rest is history.

4 years later, and 4 DSMs later, I still get the same excitement in seeing/driving a DSM as i did on day one...love the DSM life!

...So how long have some of you been in the game..?

Right now I'm at 1.5 with my car. Time flies so fast when you don't think about it. I keep forgetting my car is turbo and all wheel drive til I thrash it a bit getting on the freeway. That nice PULL you get is great.... and mine is still stock. XD

been in it 2 years last October, sure i've had my doubts but im now dsm for life......

its actually a funny story how i came upon my car.

i had just got my insurance money for my 89 mustang lx 5.0l 5 speed ( got 5212.00) and was heading to my cousins car lot to pick up an integra i was eyeing up for the longest time... as we were heading there i seen a white car sitting there for sale with a younger guy walking away from it. My dad saw the car and went yell at him and ask him how much.. I bluntly looked at my dad and said he's gonna want way to much for that car, but it wont hurt to go over and look at it. ( this whole time i got 3500.00 cash in my pocket) as we pull up to the car i'm looking it all over and didnt see any for sale papers on it, then i look at the back window it had a list of mods. done to it and im reading it ever so careful, look at the bottom and it has "for sale $3500.00" i was astonished i literally grabbed the phone from my dads hand phoned the guy and said i want to buy your car i got the cash inhand right now.....and now i've owned this thing for 2 years and anytime i see another dsm rolling around i get them to pull over and we talk dsm lingo for a couple hours and always end up with a new friend :D god i love these cars

Just about to hit the one year mark. I'm already looking at buying another one. No one told me these cars were so addicting...

Incredibly, today marks the 1 year anniversary of my introduction into the DSM world. After 5 months of camping craigslist and autotrader for something on the list of what I wanted, I woke up one Saturday morning and happened to run a search for 'eclipse' on autotrader. Found a 97 GST at a dealership in the area. Something compelled me to go look and 30 min later they gave me the keys and told me to take it for a ride. 15 minutes after that, I walked back into the salesroom, put the keys on the desk of the saleswoman, and named a price slightly under what they were asking. She asked her manager, and came back out and asked me if i was financing or cash. Told her I would be back in an hour with a check. An hour later I showed up with my friend and drove it home.

I wish I could remember what month I picked up the Laser...13 years ago...

:)

About two years although only been in the real turbo scene now for over a month.

My mom bought a 1.8L 1992 plymouth laser 5sped back in like 2004 when I was a freshman for $700 with 90,000 miles on it, in kinda bad/okay shape.

I never knew anything about cars. In march 2008 she offered to give me the laser, it needed brakes and hadn't been driven for a few months because of it. She didn't have the money to get brakes and had another car to drive. So I picked up the laser, payed $300 to have the brakes fixed and it was mine. Had lots of problems and stuff but I did love it.

Clutch exploded in June and i got a new car, and another car, kept selling and buying LOL. Laser sat in storage until August 2009 when I first got my 350 bird (which I still have) and I needed a DD. I fixed the clutch in the laser and drove it.. Started to just give me to many problems so I sold it for $850. I financed my 1992 Talon and been loving it, even though it's spending more time broken than driving.

<3 DSM's

9 years. I've been getting the Evo itch, but I can't let go of the DSM.

I got my first DSM about 6 years ago. I was around 19 years old and have wanted to get a turbo Eclipse for a little bit around that time. I didn't know anything about turbo cars or DSM at all, I didn't know about the Talon either. Well, I found a 95 silver GSX on Autotrader and went to check it out. It seemd alright to me and my excitement took over my gut instinct of not purchaci\hing it. I was basically sold a lemon >.<

Years followed of on/off craving for the car again after getting rid of it. Then one day I was looking for another vehicle I saw it, a bone stock black 97 TSi AWD with 52k miles located in Philly. I went there the next day and checked it out. Needless to say I put a downpayment on it and brought it home the next day. That was maybe about 2.5-3 years ago I would say. Car has had transplants but it's my baby. Nothing will replace her :talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back