The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

today is a sad day

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cypress_h

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 13, 2007
Regina Beach, SK_Canada
Friends and fellow DSMers,

I will for warn you now it is a sad story for me.

Today March 2nd 2010 at 1:00pm I got the worst news a guy my age (20) could ever get...... My dear friend/family member being my Grandfather was found laying in his apartment dead....... foul play was not a factor but it struck me as hard as a wall. My grandfather was not only a family member, but a dear friend who always had a free ear to listen to absolutely anything you needed to vent about. (sorta like here) When ever I had car problems i could talk to him and vent about how mad it made me he always had time to listen and offer his conclusions.

The way things were going I felt like i was on top of the world new job was going great, just bought my first toolbox, my relationship is at an all time high, then i recieved the news today right after lunch just before jumping into my work pile for the afternoon..... I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself but it still hasnt fully hit me yet to the fullest.

thanks for reading this guys i appreciate the time you spent reading this and all condolences you offer...... now i just have to wait my time to get re-united with him.......

Damn, I thought this would be another "my car is wrecked/broken/blown" thread. I feel for ya man. My grandparents had a bigger impact and influence on my life than my parents ever did. I don't know who I'd be if I'd never known them.

It sucks, but feel grateful that you had the chance to know him as long as you did.

Sorry to hear that man, I never knew either of my grandfathers so be glad of the memories you do have of him. But I feel you bro, its def hard for a 20 year old too..

I feel your pain man. We've all been there, and to put it bluntly, it sucks. Its hard to keep going, but you just have to.

My condolences, I lost my grandfather last month. At the memorial service where a few of his friends from WWII. It was really nice to here some of the stories they had about him from his younger years. It made feel better because I then realized he had a very fulfilling life. Just remember your positive times with him. Getting to know some of my grandfathers friends, even though it was just briefly. Made every thing go a lot smoother.
My sympathy's

A sad day indeed. Sorry for your loss. I lost my only grandpa around your age. It's very tough.
RIP

Sorry to hear that awful news:cry: I am very close to my grandpa and I think he is who I get my love for cars from. He has a '35 ford which he still drives to car shows and cruise-ins in the summer at age 83. I know it won't be long until I am in your same situation and it kills me to think about it. Just try to hang in there.:) Life is a roller coaster full of ups and downs. You are just at the bottom of the hill right now and it's only a matter of time until you go back up. We're all here for you and you have our sympathy my friend.

It's not easy for someone to lose someone. Keep your head up and remember him for being who he was:coy:

I feel your pain deeply. I am 18 years old and my grandfather died about 1 year ago. He had Alzheimer disease which made him not even recognize who my mother and I were which hurt me because I have memories of him when he was younger and he used to play with me.

Also my aunt passed away from cancer recently and she was only 41 years old with 4 children. I took that very hard.

The point I am trying to make is life goes on so just cherish the moments you do have with everybody before it's too late. And don't be afraid to tell loved ones that you do love them before it's too late. Unfortunately It took a couple deaths in my family for me to tell my family members that I love them.

Keep your head up! Your grandfathers spirit lives inside of you for as long as you keep him in your heart!

My condolances. I just lost my Grandfather 2 weeks ago, so I know what you are going through.

Do something to celebrate his life. You know he'd hate to see y'all sad.

Best wishes.

rip to your grand father, i wish i got to know my grandparents. hang in there

Lost my grandma on my mom's side a year and 3 months ago. It was a couple days before xmas too so it was really somber. Some days/nights it still kills me. It especially kills me because a week or two prior, I wanted to go visit cause I haven't seen her in a bit. Ultimately I never got out the apartment. Later I learned she had a bit of resentment cause I rarely visit. Really hits home and I'd trade my DSM in a heartbeat to have an hour with her. Just remember the good times and thank him for being there in your life. Least you could do. Least any of us with meaningful relatives could do. RIP

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."
-John 14:1-3

Sounds like your Grandpa is having a great time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back