The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

TOB on ACT 2600 making some noise is this normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWDlaserRS

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2002
New_Ipswich_NH
Well my car is all back together now and I took it for a test drive today and noticed that when I have the clutch in it makes some noise like an ocasional click and other random sounds like that, this obviously is the TOB but its brand new, Is it normal for it to make noise fr awhile? Also the rpms drop a little when the clutch is in, this has me kinda worried because I just put it all back together :confused: :(

no its not normal, mine was/is fine...are you sure its the TOB? Ive never heard one actually make a clicking noise...does it do it continuously when the pedal is pushed in or just once when you push it?

Well now its not clicking anymore as much, but it always makes a bearing noise like a rollerblade bearing or something. It kinda clicks off and on while the clutch is in. I know its the TOB bearing because it only makes the noise when the clutch is in and it coming from the bellhousing.

yeah, definatly sounds like the TOB, where did you get it? sounds to me like its time to pull the tranny off again, enjoy that and remember its only because its a dsm :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back