The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

To trade or not to trade

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1995 brian

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 16, 2011
Leadville, Colorado
Alright dsmers i am currently not a dsm owner i owned 2. Last year a 95 gst and. 97 gsx that i regret selling but know came the oppurtonity. Its a 95 talon tsi awd 5 speed 160 ish k he says it has a hard time starting in cold mornings and the driver side window is missing. Is that window hard to replace? He also claims that the reason it has a hard time starting in the morning its because of the ect. The trade is for my single cab short bed 1500 ram 5 speed 4x4. 211k good truck no mechanical issues. What do you guys think? Opinions? Any advice? Im going to go check out the car tomorrow. Any specific things i shiuld check?

If i had a 2g id trade ya. Haha
I wouldnt trade a work horse for a pretty pony. If your ram was auto id trade for a civic.
Value of the Talon is possibly more though.

Alright dsmers i am currently not a dsm owner i owned 2. Last year a 95 gst and. 97 gsx that i regret selling but know came the oppurtonity. Its a 95 talon tsi awd 5 speed 160 ish k he says it has a hard time starting in cold mornings and the driver side window is missing. Is that window hard to replace? He also claims that the reason it has a hard time starting in the morning its because of the ect. The trade is for my single cab short bed 1500 ram 5 speed 4x4. 211k good truck no mechanical issues. What do you guys think? Opinions? Any advice? Im going to go check out the car tomorrow. Any specific things i shiuld check?

Might just be that I'm looking for something with a bed, but I wouldn't give up a nice 4x4 for a 2G unless the 2G was immaculate OR the truck was in less than perfect condition. Really depends on the year, though.

Windows are easy enough to replace. Just going to have to get your hands in some pretty tight spots to secure everything. I'd ask more as to why the window is missing in the first place. Take the tools with you to remove the valve cover, check the timing belt wear, and also do a quick compression test. What he -says- is causing the hard start issue might not be the case, so try to approach from every angle.

Go with your gut man. Have any pictures of the car?

Def check timing belt and compression.

Trading a good running, dependable vehicle, which you know the history of, for a car that you do not know about and already has some issues isn't something I would do. But that's me.

Thanks for the replies guys so i went and checked it out and the reason the window is missin is because they stole the stereo and checked the timing and it was good its also leaking air from the sensor on top of the intake manifold i think its the map it probably needs a new seal. And i really didnt use the truck its a bit of a gas hog with the 5.2 in it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back