The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT: Should it have higher than normal RPMs after cold start?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommiman

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2004
Vaughan, Ontario_Canada
My car revs at about 1200 RPM after a cold start. When it's warmed up it's at about 800 RPM.

Does EVERYBODY experience this?

My chevy truck does it too, I'm pretty sure its a normal operation condition.

I think thats fairly normal for all cars to do that, the corolla does it, the maxima does it, the 4runner does it, and so does the Talon.

yes it is supposed to do that all fuel injected cars do that its called an automatic choke

The guy I got my car from said he put a high idle switch or something on it and said I may need to adjust it. I start cold and it goes to 2 grand and goes down as it warms up but idles around 1 grand. Is there a VFAQ article about getting this right?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back