The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

to much blow by????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spawn87

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2007
sacramento, California
ok so my issue began when i swapped turbos for a 14b (ported) and im only pushing 10psi... when i went full throttle oil would come out of the oil cap, so i bought a new cap and it sealed the problem, but then the dip stick began to fly out so i bought a new one and went ahead and replaced the pcv valve also and im still getting the dipstick to pop of... how can i find out if its bad rings or is it normal?

It sounds normal to me, but 10 psi is a little low...
Put a small check valve in line between the IM & pcv valve. Check Valves - US Plastic Corporation I used a brass one from grainger, but this looks cleaner and probably does just as good of a job. The PCV valve leaks boost too easily and needs "assistance."
I'd try that before I got to worried about excessive blowby if it wasn't a problem before the turbo swap, although still do the compression test for piece of mind.

Depending on what kind of abuse the 14b has had to it bad turbo seals will cause this. It could also be something internal

It sounds normal to me, but 10 psi is a little low...
Put a small check valve in line between the IM & pcv valve. Check Valves - US Plastic Corporation I used a brass one from grainger, but this looks cleaner and probably does just as good of a job. The PCV valve leaks boost too easily and needs "assistance."
I'd try that before I got to worried about excessive blowby if it wasn't a problem before the turbo swap, although still do the compression test for piece of mind.

what size check valve should i use? ive been meaning to get one just havent.

Depending on what kind of abuse the 14b has had to it bad turbo seals will cause this. It could also be something internal

well i think the turbo is burning oil so i think the seals may be bad on the turbo im looking for a replacement ether way.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back