The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

To All You Military Guys, Info Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vertGST

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 1, 2002
Miramar, Florida
well everyone. some of you know me and many of you don't. I am thinking about joining the military, perhaps the air-force. i just want to get some info from you guys that are in the armed forces and hear the pros an cons from experience. like what is the pay roughly? what kind of jobs do you have? do you enjoy it? what don't you like about it? what do you like about it? also any other relevant info on it. i wanted to hear from different people before i go see a recruiter. i am also married so this is a big decision. i am not basing my decision on what everyone tells me. i just thought i would see if it is a good or totally bad idea. any input is appreciated

Thanks

thanks alan i will go ahead and delete my thread. sorry that i started another one. :(

Slightly biased towards AF. Family will be better taken care of, as will you. Pneudraulics Craftsman on C-17's, SSgt.

Cross Over to the Blue. Yeah I know, shamless plug...

I am also very biased towards the AF. fire protection journeyman. I totally enjoyed the Non frontline TDY's Pay sucks the first two years and that midmonth paycheck seemed like forever. When I seperated in 2000 I was knocking down 1400 a pay period with BAS(I had housing so no BAQ) Chow hall in tech school was awesome but blew permanent duty station(Minot AFB, but hey it just could have been Minot) Do NOT do a six year enlistment first.... do a 4 year see if you like it then join for 6. Also DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT turn down the GIBILL. It is a measly 100 bucks for a year and it pays off when you use it. I am currently using it I get paid 985 dollars a month to go to school. And I have 28 months left, I have already got 38 credits out of the way.

heh non frontline...are you in todays air force...a friend was deployed to Iraq and he said how he had mortars landing when he was launching a pavehawk.....hh-60 by the way..
anyways
I get likde 512 every two weeks and free everything else....not bad...i love my job i get to work on planes... but i reccomend air force.,...pick soemhting you like and youll love the experience....i promise

97GS-TSpyder said:
heh non frontline...are you in todays air force...a friend was deployed to Iraq and he said how he had mortars landing when he was launching a pavehawk.....hh-60 by the way..
anyways
I get likde 512 every two weeks and free everything else....not bad...i love my job i get to work on planes... but i reccomend air force.,...pick soemhting you like and youll love the experience....i promise

No I am in yesterdays Air force I seperated in 2000. I went to bosnia for about 3 weeks back in 98 but that was it. I was also at Prince sultan Airbase in Saudi but that is most definalty not front line stuff. Firemen don't see frontline stuff We don't get pulled to augment securtiy forces we are firemen that's all. Army Firedawgs take care of Frontline stuff Af firedawgs take care of Airbases

if you must choose a armed force AF is the way to go i was in the army for 2 years lemme tell you it sucked big penis 1. all they do is lie to you 2. you get paid shit 3. 80% of the army is rednecks,nerds, and racist black guys period if you enjoy those kinda people have fun

i'm prior navy, prior army, did a year and a half in the air national guard, and now i'm in the airforce reserves. so guess maybe i'd have the most experience with all of them. airforce is the way to go. navy, gone out to sea all the dang time. forget about being with your wife. army, i was out in the field all the time. and no showers and having to crap in the woods sucks. airforce is so much better. living conditions, the people overall, etc. etc. wish i could've started with the airforce 1st but oh well. it makes me appreciate this branch just that much more. good luck on whatever ya choose. laters!

scott

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back