The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

To all who find web forums useful - better tell your congressman (SOPA & PIPA)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know if this happened then id be out of business, but this is just to show power. I dont think we need to have a "the sky is falling!! the sky is falling attitude!!" In fact im not doing anything about it, main reason why is because our representatives have brains, they use the internet just as much as we do, they know what they are doing.

I do believe that there are some things that need to be fixed about our online experience. I know of two young ladies that my wife went to school with that lives were takin by some low life. No doubt that monitored them on a social network. There is one that was here local in Houston, that was found dead. Again in relation to a social network. I don't believe it is the government's right to regulate them. Yet I do believe it is the individual sites responsibility. I have small children, and it is becoming harder and harder to shield them from nonesence. I know this is a little off topic, but if they were doing it for reasons of morality, I would understand a little better but never greed. It should be up to us to make responsible decisions. We should not need them to hold our hands. I am glad to see a lot of you standing up for what you believe in. This is what made America, America. Not having bigger guns, but louder voices.....great job guys, and Ludda, way to rally the troops.

I know if this happened then id be out of business, but this is just to show power. I dont think we need to have a "the sky is falling!! the sky is falling attitude!!" In fact im not doing anything about it, main reason why is because our representatives have brains, they use the internet just as much as we do, they know what they are doing.

You have too much faith in your politicians. The may have brains, but they also have pockets. McCain one of the bills strongest supporters have received a combined $2.8 MILLION dollars from the industries that support this bill (and will profit) back in 2008. This is only public record campaign contributions. Who knows how much he's received in kickbacks.

This morning there were 80, EIGHTY Congressmen that supported this bill and 31 that opposed it. My question is if about 90% if the people in the US oppose this bill, how would ANY Congressman ,who is supposed to REPRESENT his constituents, for this it.

Fortunately, as of this moment, as a result of the Internet Blackout, there are 67 supporters and 72 opponents of the bill.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not actually news, ladies and gentlemen! Corporations have been like this forever. We keep buying their products. This is another method of "control" over people and consumers in general. It's only now that is really getting way out of hand. They have money and power. We don't. Think of it as "robbery with permission".

In this day and age, criminals actually have more rights than the victims they hurt/kill and even the general public! I dont mean to come off as a dick, but watch the news more often. It is disturbingly commonplace, even accepted, to screw over your fellow American any way possible.

I support this cause but I fear just voting wont get us far, folks! They will still do whatever they can to attain the almighty dollar and make sure their profits are not in trouble. :hmm:

What I'm really trying to say is they will keep passing the costs and financial troubles onto us, the consumer. Anything harmful to their causes/interests, they seek to eradicate.

...I know of two young ladies that my wife went to school with that lives were takin by some low life. No doubt that monitored them on a social network. There is one that was here local in Houston, that was found dead. Again in relation to a social network. I don't believe it is the government's right to regulate them. Yet I do believe it is the individual sites responsibility.

That sucks, but seriously? Whatever happened to it being the person's responsibility to be smart about how they use a social network? By that logic, some idiot could wreck his DSM after participating in a thread here, and it's Luda's "responsibility".

The whole point of this bill in a nutshell (and what most of us are opposed to) is to make free public websites responsible for the stupidity of their participants. Which side of the fence are you on here? :)

This is what made America, America. Not having bigger guns, but louder voices.....

Ehhh... I'm pretty sure we've always had the biggest guns (kind of a necessity given our loud voices), and have never been too shy about using them. Check out some history books. :D

And yet, the majority of the representatives are supporting these bills... they not only will allow this to happen, they will help it happen. If the reaction of all of these websites isn't a sign that we should be doing something to help stop it, I don't know how else to get the point across. All it takes is a little time to write a letter and express your concern. That's all you have to do. Saying nothing will give only give more power to the lobbyists.

This is not actually news, ladies and gentlemen! Corporations have been like this forever. We keep buying their products. This is another method of "control" over people and consumers in general. It's only now that is really getting way out of hand. They have money and power. We don't. Think of it as "robbery with permission".

In this day and age, criminals actually have more rights than the victims they hurt/kill and even the general public! I dont mean to come off as a dick, but watch the news more often. It is disturbingly commonplace, even accepted, to screw over your fellow American any way possible.

I support this cause but I fear just voting wont get us far, folks! They will still do whatever they can to attain the almighty dollar and make sure their profits are not in trouble. :hmm:

What I'm really trying to say is they will keep passing the costs and financial troubles onto us, the consumer. Anything harmful to their causes/interests, they seek to eradicate.
Unfortunately, that's all we can do is keep voicing our concerns to our representatives. Our voices aren't as loud as the lobbyists, that's why we have to scream loud and in big numbers. I don't know that we'll win out over the corporations' big money, but writing letters and spreading the word to get others to follow suit is the best weapon we have. They're fighting for profits, we have to fight for balance and our right to not have them control the internet.

All it takes is a little time to write a letter and express your concern. That's all you have to do.

You don't even have to do that. For the minimalists out there, several sites now have "the letter" written; all you have to do is enter an email address and zip code for the automated representative's look-up and it get's forwarded.

It literally takes 15 seconds.

So, if this bill passes, what's the internet going to be like for Canadians like myself who rely heavily on U.S. websites, but are not under U.S. law?

What's your ZIP code then?

Oh, and Canada FTMFW!! LOL

I believe I just witnessed the largest protest, let alone cyber protest, in my life. I saw people join that I had never expected to give two shits about politics and the government. I saw liberals and conservatives join together. I saw how people still do have a voice, and how there is still hope in this country. And that some actually care. Stop big government.

I'm shaken.

Don't Tread On Me.

So, if this bill passes, what's the internet going to be like for Canadians like myself who rely heavily on U.S. websites, but are not under U.S. law?
If the sites are shut down, which is what will happen, it wouldn't really matter what law you're under.

Signed. A world with no eBay would seriously effect me. I'm hoping that other small forums like us around the country are doing this same thing.

Got an e-mail back from my congressman. He said he doesn't think SOPA is the right solution!

This makes me laugh read the end of the auto reply I got from my congressman LOL

Thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate you taking the time to visit my website, and contact me about the issues that are important to you. In order to represent you in the best possible manner, I need to hear from the constituents in the Fifth Congressional District. If your matter is a time sensitive issue, please call either my toll free number at (800) 541-6446, or my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 225-6405. In addition, feel free to browse my website at Congressman Bob Latta, 5th Congressional District of Ohio for additional information and features such as my YouTube video page, and my Twitter blog feed. It is an honor to serve you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back