The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

To all who find web forums useful - better tell your congressman (SOPA & PIPA)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If the government wants to shut down forums, blogs whatever....There is going to be a huge lawsuit...And the violation of americans first amendment rights....

I don't see it sticking..
http://torrentfreak.com/universal-censors-megaupload-song-gets-branded-a-rogue-label-111210/
its already happening.

If UMG took down a video it has no rights to, then what we have here is exactly the sort of abuse that careless, overzealous, or malicious copyright holders can create by abusing a takedown law," he told us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent a message to my congressman!! This is totally unlawful and would screw up everyone's way of life! No need to apologize for speaking about politics on here with this huge topic Ludachris; thanks for the info!

I know I'm only a humble member of this site with a lowly rating but I have a suggestion to the moderators of dsmtuners specifically Ludachris. Wouldn't it be a good idea if not a better idea to send a mass PM to every member on the site? Unfortunately, I don't think this message will get through to the average member.

Good point, I like this ideal.

███ ████████ ██████ ██████████ ██ ████ ██ ████ ██████████ ██ .███ ███ This comment has been found in violation of H.R. 3261, S.O.P.A and has been removed...

███ ████████ ██████ ██████████ ██ ████ ██ ████ ██████████ ██ .███ ███ This comment has been found in violation of H.R. 3261, S.O.P.A and has been removed...
Commets won't be removed my friends, entire websites will be completely shutdown - shoot first, ask questions later.

If you have a facebook. Post this censored comment as your status. Let this word spread to everyone who doesnt know.

There were two threads started on this topic before yours, to say you didn't look hard enough is an understatement LOL
There are no other threads with either words in the title...

WTF

This is all the attention this has got so far?

Hope that all the members here can take the time to help and pass this on... .

I like the Video in the link TSIMonsteR posted

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/31100268?byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/31100268">PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks The Internet</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/fightforthefuture">Fight for the Future</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

*Sigh*
Back in the day anon was not about getting people arrested, doing e-activist shit or anything like that. All of this started happening when people started to frequent that website more and more, it started being more known, people started to tell people about it and then it got world popular. It USED to be about raiding habbo hotel and shit like that, because true anons are not activists, atleast, all the old ###s have mostly since gone, like me, and now it's a bunch of college kids who think they're being awesome and "hacking". DDOSing isn't hacking, it's just illegal. Yes, there are some very talented people with vast coding knowledge on that site.

The real anonymous doesn't give a flying shit, and are embarrassed by these videos, because it's not like some censorship law is going to stop intelligent people from getting what they want.

Quote from the standpoint of what I'm talking about, I just pulled this from a forum just now.

"Dear Moot,

Stop being a tool for the government.
You run a site that according to CNN and Fox is "an intimidating faction of anonymous hackers who think they're above the law"
Did you ever think for a minute that this site might be filled with government plants trying to sway "anonymous" into doing something? What better way to get a bill for censorship passed than to get the "super bad evil hackers" of the web to rally up against it? Sure does sound nice for the government when the news says "Anonymous hacker and vigilante groups everywhere are speaking out and making threats against the bill to internet censorship. This censorship would be hindering their rights to run rampant as they please." We're criminalized, and they get their way.

All of you ####ing retards need to stop letting the government make us 'personal army' for them."

This is what I'm talking about.

Wow.

The push back seems to be working.

"Congressional support for controversial online piracy legislation eroded dramatically on Wednesay in the face of an unprecedented online protest supported by tech titans such as Google, Wikipedia and Facebook."

Five key senators abandon online piracy bills amid web protests - The Hill's Hillicon Valley

But don't stop protesting. Why. I remember once being lied to by a politician. Where's that icon for "turns head and spits"?

Last edited by a moderator:
How to: ?Go dark? on Jan 18 to fight SOPA/PIPA | Digg Technology

Forum sites like ours will be in great danger of getting shut down if you guys don't contact your state rep and tell them to vote against SOPA and PIPA. Hopefully the typical American trend of inaction doesn't kill the way we all use the web. The large corporations are about to dictate what you can and cannot view online, all in a big power grab fueled by profits. Write a letter folks. Do it quick.

Why will sites like ours be targets for the big corporations? Read that article. It says that any sites that even link to sites which have been accused of copyright infringement can be shut down. That makes every forum site, blog, and any other site that allows user contributed content fair game. As well as sites like eBay, Wikipedia, Craigslist, YouTube, etc. There's a reason all the big websites are strongly opposed to these bills. This is a BIG deal folks. Only you can help stop it.

Life as you know it on the web will change drastically. Please take action people. Good resources will go away overnight once the big corporations get this law implemented. Write a letter to your state representative.

How to find out who your representative is - enter your zip code on this page:
https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Google who your state Senator is, if you don't know. Send them the same letter. I've written letters to mine already. The bills should not allow sites to be shut down without due process - the onus should be on the accuser to prove their case, not the defendant to prove their innocence while the site is shut down. The smaller sites will have no recourse to prove their innocence. Forum sites will be the big losers in all of this.

Reported for violating rules on politics. :p

BTW staff...Good idea putting this in red at the top of the pages..

I cruised CL last night, you had to wait 10 seconds before clicking where you wanted to look..You had to look at this bill or whatever before you could continue..

nice video!....ima start using drugs if this passes
signed petition already!

The good news is that President Obama DOES NOT support either bill. Of course this doesn't mean to stop calling your congressman. Three politicians have also pulled their support of this bill. DSMers, let's join together with every American and flick our Bics at these two bills and watch them burn in hell. Thank you, President Obama for realizing that freedom of speech is not only important, but it's a Human Right!

*Sigh*
Back in the day anon was not about getting people arrested, doing e-activist shit or anything like that. All of this started happening when people started to frequent that website more and more, it started being more known, people started to tell people about it and then it got world popular. It USED to be about raiding habbo hotel and shit like that, because true anons are not activists, atleast, all the old ###s have mostly since gone, like me, and now it's a bunch of college kids who think they're being awesome and "hacking". DDOSing isn't hacking, it's just illegal. Yes, there are some very talented people with vast coding knowledge on that site.

The real anonymous doesn't give a flying shit, and are embarrassed by these videos, because it's not like some censorship law is going to stop intelligent people from getting what they want.

Quote from the standpoint of what I'm talking about, I just pulled this from a forum just now.

"Dear Moot,

Stop being a tool for the government.
You run a site that according to CNN and Fox is "an intimidating faction of anonymous hackers who think they're above the law"
Did you ever think for a minute that this site might be filled with government plants trying to sway "anonymous" into doing something? What better way to get a bill for censorship passed than to get the "super bad evil hackers" of the web to rally up against it? Sure does sound nice for the government when the news says "Anonymous hacker and vigilante groups everywhere are speaking out and making threats against the bill to internet censorship. This censorship would be hindering their rights to run rampant as they please." We're criminalized, and they get their way.

All of you ####ing retards need to stop letting the government make us 'personal army' for them."

This is what I'm talking about.
I just saw this post (mostly because it was quoted). But something struck me as odd. In this statement:
all the old ###s have mostly since gone, like me, and now it's a bunch of college kids who think they're being awesome and "hacking".

What do you mean by "like me"

It means I used to frequent said website in 2006 and now I do not.

Oh, and Obama originally supporting it and now not supporting it is a tool to make him look like a hero. Im sure in time this law will take effect, and then I will take a lot of drugs and start an anti government community with armored dsms.

Oh, and Obama originally supporting it and now not supporting it is a tool to make him look like a hero. Im sure in time this law will take effect, and then I will take a lot of drugs and start an anti government community with armored dsms.

Oh I thought you were implying you were a hacker. The very fact that would you refer to yourself as a hacker, would mean that you aren't.

Hacker is all Hollywood

It's because Craigslist could easily be targeted and shut down if either bill passes. Imagine life without Craigslist, eBay, Youtube, or even a smaller site like DSMtuners.

Yea that would suck :heystupid:
:notgood:

I wouldnt take alot of drugs but i would smoke a blunt and join you with my armored 2g :hellyeah:ROFL

Isn't this bill practically used for fighting piracy and hacking?

Also censoring internet is stupid. Freedom, where? With all the new bills NDAA and all that other stuff... I wouldn't be surprise when they start CHARGING FOR AIR TO BREATHE.

Isn't this bill practically used for fighting piracy and hacking?

Also censoring internet is stupid. Freedom, where? With all the new bills NDAA and all that other stuff... I wouldn't be surprise when they start CHARGING FOR AIR TO BREATHE.

This is the Usa, that means nothing is really "free"

I wouldn't be surprise when they start CHARGING FOR AIR TO BREATHE.

I have a crap ton of water that tom and katy swam in, with a picture of them in the pool as a certifacate of authenticity..

This will blow over, there's no way there gonna take down all those sites man, that would be ridiculous.

This will blow over, there's no way there gonna take down all those sites man, that would be ridiculous.

Why take that chance? Just join the petition on google. It's like in court where the prosecutor tells his story and evidence and the defendant says nothing....who do you think would win?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back