The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

To all who find web forums useful - better tell your congressman (SOPA & PIPA)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lulz.. script-kiddies. :p
Lofty- What makes you believe Anon doesn't care? Seriously interested in your point of view.

*Sigh*
Back in the day anon was not about getting people arrested, doing e-activist shit or anything like that. All of this started happening when people started to frequent that website more and more, it started being more known, people started to tell people about it and then it got world popular. It USED to be about raiding habbo hotel and shit like that, because true anons are not activists, atleast, all the old ###s have mostly since gone, like me, and now it's a bunch of college kids who think they're being awesome and "hacking". DDOSing isn't hacking, it's just illegal. Yes, there are some very talented people with vast coding knowledge on that site.

The real anonymous doesn't give a flying shit, and are embarrassed by these videos, because it's not like some censorship law is going to stop intelligent people from getting what they want.

Quote from the standpoint of what I'm talking about, I just pulled this from a forum just now.

"Dear Moot,

Stop being a tool for the government.
You run a site that according to CNN and Fox is "an intimidating faction of anonymous hackers who think they're above the law"
Did you ever think for a minute that this site might be filled with government plants trying to sway "anonymous" into doing something? What better way to get a bill for censorship passed than to get the "super bad evil hackers" of the web to rally up against it? Sure does sound nice for the government when the news says "Anonymous hacker and vigilante groups everywhere are speaking out and making threats against the bill to internet censorship. This censorship would be hindering their rights to run rampant as they please." We're criminalized, and they get their way.

All of you ####ing retards need to stop letting the government make us 'personal army' for them."

This is what I'm talking about.

I completely agree. The majority of such individuals are seeking the cool factor of being called a 'hacker'. Whilst most elitists refuse to bare anything close to that label. Only newbs or script-kiddies will try to wear it as a badge on their sleeve.

As far as the video that was posted, it was not to instigate more attacks (DDoS or otherwise) against many of these corporations but to educate and notify those who haven't yet heard the message.

And visiting 'that' site was just another way to get individuals to see the message. Not to inspire a bunch of 'tards to strive for felonious action.

Now you mention, "Anon doesn't give a flying sh!t and is embarrassed..", I think you're generalizing here. To give a 'blanket' statement like that is presumptuous. They do care, they do act and I am sure they are embarrassed. But perhaps not for the reasons you gave.
;)

I do agree however, believe that the 'herding' of the crowd into certain action on some level is being utilized to drive public opinion to a specific conclusion.

I looked for one before posting but I guess I didn't look hard enough; my regards!

The thread about this is the one that starts off like this " to all who find web forums useful" I would post the link but I'm on my wife's kindle.

'Anon' died years ago. I'm forced to completely agree with every bit of what Scott said.

I signed the petition through Googles's link

Long live DSMtuners!

It's not the government that wants to do it ...

It's not the Government that wants to do it, so says the Government that is passing the law.

Don't believe them. There's a good reason that approval of Congress is below 10 percent. If the true motive for SOPA is stopping on line piracy then there are less offensive, more lawful ways to do it.

If some web site is not enthusiastic enough about the election of (insert name here) one of his supporters could post a video on that site that was copy righted by CBS and that would be enough to get the site shut down; no court hearing, no due process.

How would this site handle the threat of domain shut down if Chris allows posts with negative stories about (Yeah, that guy).

With out internet forums and other social media for my car addiction, I may go crazy or have to resort to drugs and alcohol LOL. Emails sent to congress ect.

My life, when I'm not in class or at work, is on this site. I don't think I could live with out it. :hellyeah:

And go figure the two reps from NH were co-founders and support the act. :ohdamn:

question how is ebay and criagslist copyright infringement?... i can under stand youtube but if this bill passes alot of sites with be shut down there are so many sites that have youtube videos on them

Chris, I don't see a lot of DSMtuners response to this thread! I am assuming that is probably because it is not as often in the home page. How about making it more visible, like puting it in the "vendor announcements" section so more people can read it?
This is legislation is too dangerous to be allowed to pass. I hope that this trend to control and ignore due process can be stopped quickly before it is too late. There was a bill signed during the X-mas holiday that allows the military to indefinitely detain US citizen without trial and no one seemed to care and now this! This trend is going to continue unless the politicians stop working for corporations and start working for their electorate. Thid is were citizen come in and should voice their concers. And to close this, I will say that if this type of laws keep getting passed, then Ben Laden has won beyond his wildest dreams.

Last edited:
Chris, I don't see a lot of DSMtuners response to this thread! I am assumung that is probably because it is not as often in the home page.

I agree, put it on the homepage like all the other sites have been doing (google, craigslist, wikipedia, etc.)

I looked for one before posting but I guess I didn't look hard enough; my regards!

There were two threads started on this topic before yours, to say you didn't look hard enough is an understatement LOL

if every site/company or w.e gets shutdown because it linked to a site on the list wouldnt that also mean apple /blackberry and other phone services that has apps to cl youtube and so on? i might just be getting to deep into it but if you think about almost every site/thing could one way or another be linked to something............ but i agree though this should be posted on the home page as well i say post it everywhere on the site so no matter where you are you will see this... or do what CL did make the people see and read it by when first going to this site have a page come up and make a link appear in 30 sec or w.e.... that confused me it took me a while to see the link all the way at the bottom in dark color on a black page at first i thought it was shut down already so if you do that make it clearer

Chris,
If you don't put a link to this thread on the home page I will post a copyrighted link to President Obama saying that raising the national debt limit is un-American, and another copyrighted link to President Obama saying that he wants to raise the debt limit.

Ok, maybe I'm not that corrupt, but... well you know since you started this thread.

I agree, put it on the homepage like all the other sites have been doing (google, craigslist, wikipedia, etc.)
Added a big red text link... let me give you guys a good example of why these bill will affect us - sorry for the formatting, I copied and pasted from an email I sent to my friends:

First of all, being car guys, we all use
enthusiast forums, right? Those forums would all now be held legally
responsible anytime one of their members uploads anything that
contains copyrighted material (they'll be open to lawsuits, where as
now they're protected). Multiple parts of the bill state that if you
are allowed to upload content to a website, it's the websites duty to
make sure it's not copyrighted and if they allow it and it is, they
are in violation of the new bill, and could be fined. How many of
those websites will disappear? It completely removes due process and
instantly makes smaller websites vulnerable. We will end up losing
thousands of resources we use everyday. Forget the big boys like
Wikipedia, Google, Craigslist, eBay, Facebook, etc. Those sites will
just start charging to cover the added costs of doing business (as
they'll be sued daily by the big entertainment studios) - you'll end
up having to pay for a lot of what you get for free now. But you'll
completely lose the resources that don't make much money because it
won't make sense for them to stick around. I believe it's critical
that these bills do not pass.

These bills are flying below the radar because the media giants don't
want you guys to know how much they've lobbied for them. There's a
reason why you only see the stories posted on tech websites. The media
corporations stand to gain a great deal from this, being tied to many
of those big entertainment corporations. MSNBC is split on the issue -
NBC is for it, Microsoft is against it. You know when Microsoft is
against an anti-piracy bill, it must be bad.

I found out about this yesterday when I was at school and one of the links for something I was looking for was a wikipedia link and when I went to open it they had shut down the site and only had a link as to why.
Letter sent.

Chris,
If you don't put a link to this thread on the home page I will post a copyrighted link to President Obama saying that raising the national debt limit is un-American, and another copyrighted link to President Obama saying that he wants to raise the debt limit.

Ok, maybe I'm not that corrupt, but... well you know since you started this thread.
I know, I typically don't allow political discussions in the forums. And I'm sorry about getting involved in this one. But this issue is more than just politics, it's a hostile take over of the web by the big entertainment powerhouses. And if these bills pass we stand to lose a ton of information that we take for granted - you think China is bad with its censorship laws? These will be just as bad and potentially worse, not just in the US but around the world.

We need to keep some basic protections in place in order to keep information flowing on the web, and these protections will be eliminated instantly with these bills.

Write letters everyone, and spread the word. Please. I've sent emails to friends and family, trying to get the word out as much as I can.

If they do this Al Qeuda wins

I know I'm only a humble member of this site with a lowly rating but I have a suggestion to the moderators of dsmtuners specifically Ludachris. Wouldn't it be a good idea if not a better idea to send a mass PM to every member on the site? Unfortunately, I don't think this message will get through to the average member.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back