The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

TMZ Performance shop has burned down

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty, im telling ya, get a couple Element 100 ones also.

On your word you know I will. :thumb:
I don't have as many solvents around but I do have some (and barrels of stale E85.....They are going OUTSIDE) oily shop rags boxes of brake parts cleaner, carb cleaner, paint......all the stuff that will make a bad fire.
Thanks Tim!

Thanks for sharing these, Tim. I had never seen them before, but have added them to my list now. Wishing you the best in recovery.

I will tell everyone this. Buy as many Element 100 extinguishers as you can. A few of those would have probably saved the shop if I had quick access to them.
Just ordered two of them for my shop. I'll probably get a 3rd for my truck as well.

My first FE35 extinguisher i first used lasted seconds, like I sprayed the tray on fire, got backwashed, on fire, ripped my hoodie off and put myself out. Then used it again and got literally another 5-10 seconds. My twin tank 10#/5# didn't discharge, so yeah. Likely 1 or 2 of the Element 100 ones would have saved the entire shop with 100 seconds continuous discharge. And these are WAY CHEAPER than FE35 10# fire extinguishers.

Glad Tim is alive. I really hope he gets well soon and his business insurance will cover all. As I was a victim of a fire and lost my mother and most of stuff I had kept in my life, I can imagine how hard the situation is.

My first FE35 extinguisher i first used lasted seconds, like I sprayed the tray on fire, got backwashed, on fire, ripped my hoodie off and put myself out. Then used it again and got literally another 5-10 seconds. My twin tank 10#/5# didn't discharge, so yeah. Likely 1 or 2 of the Element 100 ones would have saved the entire shop with 100 seconds continuous discharge. And these are WAY CHEAPER than FE35 10# fire extinguishers.

I’ve seen the E100 tanks in action. They’re pretty awesome. One county I worked for stocked one on the ambulances in case of fire on the ambulance or if there was a life threat to one of us. Had to use it and it took all of us on scene off guard how long it actually sprayed for.

I’ve seen the E100 tanks in action. They’re pretty awesome. One county I worked for stocked one on the ambulances in case of fire on the ambulance or if there was a life threat to one of us. Had to use it and it took all of us on scene off guard how long it actually sprayed for.
I noticed they're being marketed toward EV owners now in case of a lithium battery fire.

I noticed they're being marketed toward EV owners now in case of a lithium battery fire.

Might put it out initially and a few times after that but those things will burn for days, spontaneously reigniting seemingly with no warning. Our fire depts hate those things.

100 seconds continuous is just awesome when it comes to helping you knock down a fire or put it out. Think of it this way, you use a 10# for what, 20 seconds and you run out. The fire flares back up, and you hope you have more to work with. This just keeps on going. Worth every penny.

Tim, glad you did what you could, relax and get well soon! I am assuming you had a general liability policy covering the business or a stop gap policy on additional buildings over the home itself??

ALso, just out of curiosity, what % of new OEM tranny parts did the DSM community just loose?

Well I had a stockpile of parts, maybe 80k of new? And then thousands of pounds of used stuff.... it is what it is unfortunately.

I have some insurance it won't cover everything I had but again, it is what it is.

I couldn't bring myself to ask you about the Chariot........:cry:

Tim,

We're all in shock over your loss. The way this community is rallying around you shows the character of the members here.

I have a good friend who lives about an hour away from you and he is checking his connections to see if he can arrange a temporary place for you to inventory, work, whatever you want to do until your shop gets rebuilt. I gave him your work phone and email so he will get in touch with you directly if he can turn something up.

Also, my company sells Element Fire Extinuishers. I've been talking with Chris about getting set up on 'Tuners, but other projects needed my attention. I will pick it up with Chris again.

I'd like to donate two E100 Fire Extinguishers for your shop when you get to where you're ready for them.

Prayers for continued healing, both inside and out. I'm sure I speak for everybody when I say contact us if you need anything.

Steve, thanks for the kind words, help and your generosity!

I will have to figure out the shop stuff once Insurance stuff is done. I did not own the land or the building, I helped build it, but I paid rent for my portion of the shop I was using to the owners. I will have to figure out another shop option once I am ready to do it again in the Waukesha, WI area.

I do have a friend offering up some temporary workspace near me, but again, I lost literally everything, so it is not like i can just set up shop and get working. It is literally a 20 year do-over without the income to afford to buy everything back. I have to look at all of my options first.

I will definitely take you up on the fire extinguishers, personally I think those are the best option on the market for small footprint, ease of use, and longest duration of discharge, and especially cost. Everyone should have at least one! Heck, maybe I could sell them for the company LOL.

I do have a friend offering up some temporary workspace near me, but again, I lost literally everything, so it is not like i can just set up shop and get working. It is literally a 20 year do-over without the income to afford to buy everything back. I have to look at all of my options first.

You need a friendly billionaire who has about 5 million USD just lying around getting bored and looking for something useful to do. Isn't there an old saying, every family should have one doctor, one lawyer, and one billionaire?
Hoping for the best, whatever that may be.

Gary

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back