The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

TMZ Performance - Evo 3 Input Shaft/1st Gear Combos and Evo 3 5th Gearsets in Stock!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes I have, I'm also an authorised dealer of them.

I had not heard of the PAR gearset before. Have you ever seen or run one of these sets Tim @twicks69 ?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yes I have, I'm also an authorised dealer of them.

Wow big money. Assume you can fit them into a 2g trans also? I'm going all out but if I start trying to spend that much on my trans its never going to be finished LOL

Buuummeeer!! I was on a search for a Evo III 5th gear for the longest time. I took a Hiatus from tuners for a few weeks and I've missed out LOL :(

Well even though the cost associated is high it seems like there will at least be options when all the evo stuff is gone. Tim as soon as I sell hobby car #2 I'll be calling you up and placing a few orders. Again thank you for your support of the community and I look forward to doing some business!

No problem, thanks for the kind words!

I will continue to supply this stuff as long as I can!

As for gear manufacturing, I am currently looking into making new stronger transfer case gearsets. Unfortunately, the cost will be significant because we have to use very expensive material with more expensive heat treatment requirements as well as special tooling. Looking to do the gears out of Ferrium C61, and then the tail shaft out of 300M or 4340. More on this in the future.

13x 1st gearsets in stock!

ALL 5th gearsets are gone!

Any comment on strength ofta the par syncromesh ? /A

Any comment on strength ofta the par syncromesh ? /A

It uses a 1"x23-spline input shaft, standard bearings, and strong gears with factory hub and sliders. The 3/4 hub and slider would be the first failure point at high power levels, typically from heat resulting in warpage of the hub or slider, or failure of a hub and slider spring (the tangs breaking off). Overall the parts we have used in the past were the dog engagement version of the gearset, though I have inspected the synchromesh version in person when I was at PAR in Australia in the past a few years back. There has been some revisions to the input shaft in the past due to a couple failures we had, and the 1st/2nd gearset has been revised as well. We had snapped the input shaft a couple times at a stress riser by the inner tapered bearing, and we have torn teeth on 2nd gear in the past on the old version, and we blew up a gearset when a 3rd/4th slider exploded. Overall though, they are still very nice components, and failures can happen with any OEM or aftermarket gearset.

12x 1st gearsets in stock!

ALL 5th gearsets are gone!

Just this week I placed an order with Tim for a few upgrade parts, and I must say his customer service is the best I have ever encountered across any vendor or forum I have ever been associated with. Can't go wrong with a TMZ purchase!

Sorry, they sold very quickly. Only 1st gearsets remaining in stock.

I have 5x 1st gearsets still available.

It uses the MD747646 small diameter hub and slider and if you are running double synchros on the 3rd/4th gears you will need to machine the hub to clear the double synchro. The Evo 3 3rd/4th broached/forged hub and slider that was designed for the double synchros is discontinued.

Teamrip have some photos of a new syncronized and straight vit gearset om His Instagram , anyone know anything about this ? / A

How about you just ask Jon @ Team Rip yourself?

Later Edit; @donk , the gearsets you saw on TRE's instagram are the PAR synchronized straight cut gearsets. They are in the $5000 starting range for the gearset.

Last edited:
Tim i will , got a bit excited and it was newyear and all. didnt meen to f*** up your thred. sorry. /A

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back