The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

tire size for Evo X Enkei Wheels for DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_sagun

Probationary Member
Oct 20, 2019
bristow, Virginia
Just picked up a set of Evo X Enkei wheels 18x8.5 +38 offset. What size tire should I buy that wont rub. Currently on stock suspension. 99 2G GST DSM. I see that they originally came with 245/40's. Will this size be an issue? Will it give the flush look? Thanks

I also saw 235/40's that looked to have really good fitment but curious to know if any mods needed to be done. Grn95gst was the owner.

What suspension setup do you have? I currently run 18x10.5" and i stick out, my old wheels were 17x8.5 et 34 and i had no mods to make them fit, 8.5" wide can fit a 255 tire max safely. And tuats what i used, 255/40/17

So your size should be fine for the max tire and if your not super low you wont hit anything either

I run the 245/40/18 and it fits well on stock suspension on one of my gsx's and 235/45/18 on the other gsx which is lowered on tokico shock and spring combo with no issues. If you run any bigger than the 245 on the Evo x rim (I have the gsr rims on both and have not tried the mr) you may need a spacer in the rear due to the tire contacting the upper knuckle. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the responses. Correct if I am wrong, but the 99 DSM does not use TPMS. I ask b/c the EXO X wheels I bought have them on there and if I remember correctly, when I bought my DSM it had a super flat tire and no TPMS light was on.

Thanks for the responses. Correct if I am wrong, but the 99 DSM does not use TPMS. I ask b/c the EXO X wheels I bought have them on there and if I remember correctly, when I bought my DSM it had a super flat tire and no TPMS light was on.
No DSM ever have the option of TPMS, so since your getting evo X wheels dont always assume it crosses over and works. You can buy kits for it but then you need to install the new valves and take tires off to fit them etc unless you opt for the cap versions which dont work great so i read but i dunno, never used then

thanks! Figured as much, just wanted to be sure before put new tires on. I'll have them replaced them with regular valve stems.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back