The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Tire question...help if you can

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED&BlackGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 24, 2004
oklahoma city, Oklahoma
Im planning on purchasing some 17" wheels with tires from a buddy, i own a 90 gsx, The rims have good tires on them, and the tire size is 235/45-17, will these fit my gsx without rubbing. my car has entirely stock suspension.

I had a hard time mounting the 43mm offset ADR 17X7's with 225/55/17 michelins... I think the greater offset will confound the problem...

nutshot said:
I had a hard time mounting the 43mm offset ADR 17X7's with 225/55/17 michelins... I think the greater offset will confound the problem...

so it will make it worse, or not fit at all?.

RED&BlackGSX said:
so it will make it worse, or not fit at all?.

I don't have much fitment data for 1g's. On a 2g that setup would be too close to call. Less offset or spacers might be required.

nutshot said:

That set up is not even close. What did you do? 10mm spacers?

wret said:
That set up is not even close. What did you do? 10mm spacers?

I don't understand "That set up is not even close."

No, I did not use spacers. The tire rubbed the strut. I sold the wheels and tires.

nutshot said:
I don't understand "That set up is not even close."

No, I did not use spacers. The tire rubbed the strut. I sold the wheels and tires.

That tire is much larger diameter than the 235/45/17's proposed, almost an inch and a half. I'm amazed you could turn the wheel.

wret said:
That tire is much larger diameter than the 235/45/17's proposed, almost an inch and a half. I'm amazed you could turn the wheel.

Gotcha. Now I understand. I could roll and turn the steering wheel fine. It was tight.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back