The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Tips for uninstalling a car alarm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
So I'm pretty bad at electrical projects. My car has an aftermarket alarm that was installed before I took ownership. I don't know what brand it is and some of the parts have been removed already (like the horn). However, it still goes off disabling the starter whenever I reconnect the battery.

I want to fully remove it but don't know exactly where to start. Any suggestions on what to look for to find out what brand it is? Or anything else that will make it easier to uninstall?

Ludachris said:
So I'm pretty bad at electrical projects. My car has an aftermarket alarm that was installed before I took ownership. I don't know what brand it is and some of the parts have been removed already (like the horn). However, it still goes off disabling the starter whenever I reconnect the battery.

I want to fully remove it but don't know exactly where to start. Any suggestions on what to look for to find out what brand it is? Or anything else that will make it easier to uninstall?

Remove your lower dash. You will see some thick wires that are connected to ignition and constant and a few other wires that all connect to a big black box. Untape and if they are solder I would just suggest cutting the alarm wire as close to the stock wires as possible and just taping it up.

If it was remote start you will also need to go to you injectors and take off that wire too. IT should (if it was installed correctly) be all near the lower steering column and just follow all the wires. I dont know aht alarm it is, but I Would make sure not to just pull on wires. Cut them aand TAPE THEM UP WELL!!!! If you do not you may have problems in the future...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back