The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Tinted Windows suggestion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honestly i wouldn't go with 5%. Id go with 20% for the fronts and 10% or 15% on the rest.
I plan to do a 25% or 20% front and 15% back.

You dont want to dark. and if youre doing this yourself, DONT CHEAP OUT ON TINT! Use high grade tint.

Honestly i wouldn't go with 5%. Id go with 20% for the fronts and 10% or 15% on the rest.
I plan to do a 25% or 20% front and 15% back.

You dont want to dark. and if youre doing this yourself, DONT CHEAP OUT ON TINT! Use high grade tint.
For sure 20% excluding the winshshield since its illegal in Ca, but I wanted 5% for the rest so no one can see and so it can block the sun as much as possible.

only problem I have with 5% all around is being in the boonies with no lighting around making turns, side windows are fairly dark....backing up is fine for me...taillights give enough illumination if somethings in the way.

For sure 20% excluding the winshshield since its illegal in Ca, but I wanted 5% for the rest so no one can see and so it can block the sun as much as possible.
well in KS 35% is the limit on all windows.
im guessing it's different for you. but im just saying it looks weird if you do 5% on the back and 20% on the fronts. Just remember to use high quality film. dont cheap out

20% is about as dark as you'll need, and it's still going to be a bit tough to see out the sides at night. I had 20 all around on my Eclipse (you can see pics in my profile). It's very dark. Instant ticket in my area with cops sadly heh. Not an issue anymore with my car being a track only race car but might be for you.

5% in the back is... man that's just retarded.

20% is about as dark as you'll need, and it's still going to be a bit tough to see out the sides at night. I had 20 all around on my Eclipse (you can see pics in my profile). It's very dark. Instant ticket in my area with cops sadly heh. Not an issue anymore with my car being a track only race car but might be for you.

5% in the back is... man that's just retarded.
I roll down my windows when I drive at night. What do you mean retarded? As in I won't see or it won't look right?

You'll barely be able to see.

Try checking out a 20% tint job. I think you'll find it's plenty and minimize your risk.

I have 5% all around and I can back up from this
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
.... just fine at night.

I've also had the back glass painted solid black from the inside on a different car. It had a system that I didn't want anyone seeing.

It really is just personal preference, some people don't like any tint at all. I use it to keep my car cooler in the summer and to keep what little stuff I keep in the car , like my tool box, hidden from plain sight.

I have 35% in the front 15 in the back. With the way the windows tint the tint looks darker then it really is. Recommend doing the same any darker would be too difficult to see at night.

OP the feedback you get is gonna be all over the place.

I think 20% in the front and 5% in the rear would look good and be perfectly fine to see out of even at night. 5% all around isn't hard to see out of at night through my eyes.

Do whatever creams your twinkie snake.

OP the feedback you get is gonna be all over the place.

I think 20% in the front and 5% in the rear would look good and be perfectly fine to see out of even at night. 5% all around isn't hard to see out of at night through my eyes.

Do whatever creams your twinkie snake.
Lol, going with 20% and 5%. Taking it tomorrow morning and I'll post a pic when it's done.

Good call, Ive always run 5% in the back of my cars and never had any visibility issues - snag some pictures when you get a chance!

Indeed, I wanna see some pictures. 35% in the front should give you more than enough visibility at night through the side views.

Here's mine with 5% on the back.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Gotta love a panda with extra dark tint, does the color scheme justice :hellyeah:

Good call, Ive always run 5% in the back of my cars and never had any visibility issues - snag some pictures when you get a chance!
Gotta love a panda with extra dark tint, does the color scheme justice :hellyeah:
Once the tint dries up after 3 days, it will look darker.

Attachments

• IMAG0332.jpg
    IMAG0332.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 129
Those back windows are soo dark :p if u want your front windows to look darker u can do the windshield visor strip. I have the windshield visor at 5% and it makes my 35 look like 15

Those back windows are soo dark :p if u want your front windows to look darker u can do the windshield visor strip. I have the windshield visor at 5% and it makes my 35 look like 15
Thinking about that, but Idk yet. I don't want to be an easy target for cops. You can still see through my 5% and I was able to see while driving at night too.

Last edited:
I actually have 5% and i live in california so far havent been told anything i was actually complimented a few times i think police dont see it as much of a big deal well at least in my area

Looks good. I do limo (5%) on the back and 50% on the front of every car I own. Mainly because I don't want to get pulled over for the fronts and still want to block the UV rays. Never gotten a ticket and still looks good. Enjoy the tints!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back