The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Tinted Tail Light Assembly for 91 Talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HazyViewz

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Ive searched all over for a tail light assembly (All 3 pieces or just the L and R). Not only can i not find tinted ones, i cant even find OEM ones. All the usual sites, ebay, dsm graveyards, even some local junkyards.

Anyone able to shoot me a link of someone who tints tail lights or or has a full 3 piece assembly that isnt cracked or faded alot they can sell me? (91 Talon AWD)

Im not looking for like a total blacked out look, just maybe a 10 or 20% tint.

THanks

Get some VHT niteshades and tint them yourself.

That may be but show me a link to anywhere online selling a 3 piece oem tail light set that isnt cracked or faded.

Tint them yourself or pay a paint shop to do it. The key to a good paint job is prep work. Make sure the lights are as clean as possible.

Step 1-Thoroughly clean the housing's with a degreaser and then a Plastic surface cleaner (Purchase at an automotive paint supplier)

Step 2- Sand the surface with 600g wet sand paper.

Step 3-Tape off anything that you don't want painted

Step 4- Degrease one more time just to be safe and then spray the lights with a plastic adhesion promoter. I used Klean Strips Bulldog in an areosol can.

Step 5- Spray your basecoat on the lights. One, maybe two LIGHT coats of black should do. I sprayed mine with a black with quite a bit of white pearl

Step 6-Spray two wet coats of clear coat.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Tint them yourself or pay a paint shop to do it. The key to a good paint job is prep work. Make sure the lights are as clean as possible.

Step 1-Thoroughly clean the housing's with a degreaser and then a Plastic surface cleaner (Purchase at an automotive paint supplier)

Step 2- Sand the surface with 600g wet sand paper.

Step 3-Tape off anything that you don't want painted

Step 4- Degrease one more time just to be safe and then spray the lights with a plastic adhesion promoter. I used Klean Strips Bulldog in an areosol can.

Step 5- Spray your basecoat on the lights. One, maybe two LIGHT coats of black should do. I sprayed mine with a black with quite a bit of white pearl

Step 6-Spray two wet coats of clear coat.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Indeed helpful, but still doesnt help me get a 3 piece tail light assembly (new)

You won't find them "new" unless the stealership has some tucked away in some warehouse a'la Indiana Jones. The car is 19 years old, man.

Every time I buy something OEM for this car and the guy has more than one, I buy them all. Last light set I bought, I ended up with 3 to practice my tint on. I'll be removing it soon and sanding/polishing/PlasticX-ing.

You won't find them "new" unless the stealership has some tucked away in some warehouse a'la Indiana Jones. The car is 19 years old, man.

Every time I buy something OEM for this car and the guy has more than one, I buy them all. Last light set I bought, I ended up with 3 to practice my tint on. I'll be removing it soon and sanding/polishing/PlasticX-ing.

I found a the whole lower frontal lights for 60$. Brand new.

Why wouldnt it be the same with the rear lights?

You won't find them "new" unless the stealership has some tucked away in some warehouse a'la Indiana Jones.

Damn you and your movie references!!!!

Imo good one though. Makes me want to photoshop the mitsu symbol to a screenshot of the warehouse ( of the movie )

You want to sand with a little more than 600 wet...

Only if you have deep scratches. Then you should probably sand it with 320 dry, but make sure you finish it with 600 wet. That way you don't have any sand scratches coming through.
If you sand all the scratches out of the plastic, your taillights will look as good as new. Make sure you get quality materials too.

Only if you have deep scratches. Then you should probably sand it with 320 dry, but make sure you finish it with 600 wet. That way you don't have any sand scratches coming through.
If you sand all the scratches out of the plastic, your taillights will look as good as new. Make sure you get quality materials too.

Uhh... more means higher grit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back