The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Timing Cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinscho

Proven Member
Jun 16, 2017
Bangor, Pennsylvania
I'm finishing up my 7 bolt build and need to order a new timing cover set for it, however I'm at a loss with what exactly to order. I know the 7 bolt covers for the 2G consist of three sections, I also know the 95-96 and 97-99 covers are different... and that is exactly where my problem lies. My motor is a 95 block with a 97 head, and I have no idea where the differences are or what to order.

Can you guys help me out with correct part numbers for my situation for the following parts:

Lower Cover
Mid Cover
Top Cover
Backing plates (head only, I have the backing plate for the block)

Thanks in advance!

If I recall correctly, the difference in the middle cover was due to where it was made for the wiring to the '95-'96 CAS to pass through. If you aren't using a '95-'96 CAS, then order the later 2G unit so the cover is "sealed" (so it doesn't have a hole in it).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back