The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Timing Belt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRb247

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2003
Lemont_il
This may sound like a newb question but what are the main things i need to do a timing belt change? I know the timing belt, balance shaft belt. But what tessioners or pullys? Thanks

At my Mitsu dealer that i work at, i know i work for Satan, we usualy do Timing Belt, Balance Shaft Belt, Waterpump, Timing Belt Tensioner. Also, durring disasembly, you may notice that you may need a lower timing cover, about $70 if its brittel and broken, and inspect all of your idler pullies that the t-belt rides on. But the key things are timingbelt, balancer belt, waterpump and TIMING BELT HYDROLIC TENSIONER! If the car only has 60,000 and isn't 10years old like a first gen, we usaly only do timing belt balancer belt and maybe waterpump. Hope i didn't confuse you, This service is expensive, but just remember its the important one, and you want have to do it for another 60,000 miles.
Gooberlog

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back