The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Gates Racing timing belt any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Had one on my last car. It's nice and I don't think you will have to worry about it breaking.if u don mind me asking How come you paid so much?

The normal gates is one of the best you can get and the kit with both belts all 3 pullies is around 80 bucks.

Ah Gottcha. I'd highly recommend the jays racing timing belt tool kit if your
Doin it yourself. Def makes he job a lot easier. Good luck!

if you got the pulley's, tensioner and waterpump with it its not a bad deal. i think my oem setup cost about that much from extremepsi

Just put one on my 4g63t that's out of the car and was a pita compared to regular timing belts for these motors. They are pretty stiff which probably makes them nice and strong. Definitely worth it if you plan on doing mods.

I just bought the jays racing timing belt bigdoug. I'm building a 6 bolt engine myself but haven't got to the timing part yet. I hope I dont mess anything up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back