The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

timing belt

bigdoug3022

Proven Member
Feb 20, 2008
bergenfield, New_Jersey
Had one on my last car. It's nice and I don't think you will have to worry about it breaking.if u don mind me asking How come you paid so much?

bryanwheat

DSM Wiseman
Aug 16, 2004
Columbia, Missouri
The normal gates is one of the best you can get and the kit with both belts all 3 pullies is around 80 bucks.

bigdoug3022

Proven Member
Feb 20, 2008
bergenfield, New_Jersey
Ah Gottcha. I'd highly recommend the jays racing timing belt tool kit if your
Doin it yourself. Def makes he job a lot easier. Good luck!

007jimmy

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2012
Levittown, Pennsylvania
if you got the pulley's, tensioner and waterpump with it its not a bad deal. i think my oem setup cost about that much from extremepsi

green97gstspyder

Proven Member
Mar 14, 2012
newark, Delaware
Just put one on my 4g63t that's out of the car and was a pita compared to regular timing belts for these motors. They are pretty stiff which probably makes them nice and strong. Definitely worth it if you plan on doing mods.

nubi4life

Proven Member
Jan 24, 2010
verobeach, Florida
I just bought the jays racing timing belt bigdoug. I'm building a 6 bolt engine myself but haven't got to the timing part yet. I hope I dont mess anything up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds