The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Timing belt

Lucas03es

Proven Member
Jul 28, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
So I am trying to get my timing belt on and aligned and ready to go (7 bolt), I can't get down to the level of the head to see if the intake cam gear is flat against it, but what I did is lay a ruler across the tops of the spark plug chambers and lined up the gear that way. The zip tie intake, adjust the exhaust a bit lower than the intake and zip tie the belt. String over idler, over timed correctly oil pump, over crank set at TDC, and then the tensioner pulley. Is that correct up to that point?

As far as the tensioner, I do not have the tools, so how do I do this properly? Turn the pulley clockwise because I don't have the tools, tighten it, pull grenade pin, cut zip ties, turn crank 1/4 CCW then back and let sit for 15-20 min and recheck everything? Is that the proper way to do this?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds