1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Timing belt went off

Posted by chapin17, Nov 20, 2013

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. chapin17

chapin17 Probationary Member

Joined Nov 11, 2013
    little rock, Arkansas
    Ok guys my timing belt went off and I want to know if theres a difference between goin off at low rpms and hig rpms
    Also to give you guys an idea of my engine its stroke with a 2.4 block that I took from a spyder eclipse and I put my dual overhead and I put a timing belt from orellys that was $40 idk if it was to cheap or what but now my car is just sitting at my house

2. 99dsmgearhead

99dsmgearhead Probationary Member

Joined Nov 21, 2013
    Hartford, Connecticut
    If it went of on high or low rpm might have some bend valves...if motor cranks to easy you have no.compression due to bend valves..if thats the case take head off and do a leak test to see the ones bend and replace them it should start right up and make sure tensioner is not broken or the bracket snapped

3. Archer Fabrications

Archer Fabrications Supporting Vendor

Joined May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    No 40$ timing belt bad idea.

462  7

2006 Evo 9 MR
    awd · manual · Lancer Evolution
  4. Dsmkauai

Dsmkauai Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    All that time and money to swap and stroke a motor. And you go and blow it with a cheap orileys timing belt!! What's wrong with you people!! I just don't get it LOL! :ohdamn:

Drag Race Build 578  2

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

6K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    13.7 @ 101 · Galant VR-4

3K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    12.408 @ 112.930 · 2G DSM

2K  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM